Spartan Service Number Forum Member List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you lock this thread, could you link to the deployment rules you just referred to? I've never read any thing about a four character limit. Limits you to 10,000 deployed members (not a huge concern i guess), and only Spartans get to use in-character service numbers. Marines, ODST, and navy have to pick numbers that have nothing to do with their build, which can be a let down.

Here you go:

10. Division will do our best to ensure that you get to keep your ID number so long as it adheres to a couple of rules. First it cannot already exist in game (ie: 117). Secondly, it must be a maximum of 4 numbers. THERE MAY BE TIMES WHERE WE HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT WHO GETS TO KEEP A NUMBER WHEN WE HAVE SOMEONE ON THE PREVIOUSLY KEPT LIST THAT HASN'T APPLIED AND A MEMBER WHO HAS APPLIED AND IS REQUESTING THAT SAME NUMBER. We know that these numbers are important to you. We'll do our best to sort out any issues that may come along but please note that if you do not have gear and will not have gear in the foreseeable future, we may need to officially give that number to a member that does. We will try to work through other avenues though.

I guess this is more a question for Fangs, then, but four numbers, or four letters plus numbers? Like the name tag over our heads in game? Then i would have something to use...

Sent using Tapatalk.

@Lt Shiny Sides No. Quoting the Deployment rules:
"Division will do our best to ensure that you get to keep your ID number so long as it adheres to a couple of rules. First it cannot already exist in game (ie: 117). Secondly, it must be a maximum of 4 numbers.

In my defense, as of posting my question deployment rules had not come out yet. The rules in this thread specifically stated only 117 was off limits and I feel that the new rule is rather ridiculous and should stay the way it was. I don't understand the issue, but the administration of this page has some.. unusual ways of doing things, to say the least.

In my defense, as of posting my question deployment rules had not come out yet. The rules in this thread specifically stated only 117 was off limits and I feel that the new rule is rather ridiculous and should stay the way it was. I don't understand the issue, but the administration of this page has some.. unusual ways of doing things, to say the least.

The example given isn't intended as a 'complete' reference - the rules are designed to prevent conflict between members who may want to claim any in-universe ID numbers (117, 058, B312, 087, B320, A266, A259, A239, 052... you get the idea). In long and short: it'll stop members from arguing over who has which in-universe tag.

You have to realise that, no matter what, there's going to be some conflict - there will inevitably be members who want a number that's already claimed. Holding in-universe ID tags as 'off-limits' mitigates the number of arguments, as there won't be people saying 'well, I wanted -insert character name here-'s tag! Member XYZ is a meanie doo-doo-head!'. It's not ideal, and honestly, there's inevitably going to be some arguments, but this at least reduces the potential issues somewhat.

The example given isn't intended as a 'complete' reference

The example given was intended as a complete reference in the first post. It very specifically stated MC's 117 was off limits but the rest were fair game. I read the whole thread to make sure it wasn't changed somewhere midstream.

I'm not trying to cause an argument, I simply believe there's a better way of making the numbers available, minus 117, instead of blocking them out entirely. Making them user specific within a regiment, eg you might be B312 in the Colonial Regimentioned while I'm 312 in the Southern, and when there's more than one person within the regiment desiring that number place a slash afterwards, eg B312/A, B312/B and so on.

I understand that the way that has been chosen mitigates the issues in the easiest form possible, I just feel like it could have been done differently to include those numbers. There are a vast number of people who want a unique spartan serial number, not a Canon one.

First it cannot already exist in game (ie: 117).

Secondly, it must be a maximum of 4 numbers.

This answers everything.
It isn't referring to just S117 but to ALL characters that exist in Halo universe.
If a character with such number exists in Halo universe - no-go.

This answers everything.
It isn't referring to just S117 but to ALL characters that exist in Halo universe.
If a character with such number exists in Halo universe - no-go.

Yes, as the new rules. I wasn't talking about that initially and I wasn't saying I'm not going to follow the rules Chernobyl mentioned, so I'm unsure why you posted that again.

As a nit-picker, i could point out that "i.e. 117" ("in other words") should say "e.g. 117" ("for example"). This would eliminate the loophole and shut down any future opportunity for misinterpretation.

Sorry, but i had this stuff drilled into my head during school.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Yes, as the new rules. I wasn't talking about that initially and I wasn't saying I'm not going to follow the rules Chernobyl mentioned, so I'm unsure why you posted that again.

The rules haven't changed since they were put up - if you'd like a comprehensive list of service numbers that are off-limits, I'll speak to FANGS and get a complete list assembled to prevent confusion in the future - however, it's worth pointing out again, for clarification:

The examples given in the rules are not comprehensive. They are there as examples only and should not be taken as an absolute reference for which service numbers are or are not available to use. Please do not fall into the trap of assuming that, if a certain number hasn't been listed - especially during these early stages of finalising the Deployment structure - that it's free to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm locking this thread as this list of numbers is no longer being updated.

You cannot choose a number that is used in game.

Letters MAY be added on later but for now we are only using up to 4 numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back