Spartan Valkyrie (Halo 4-5/Overwatch crossover suit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentri

Getting a bit ambitious here with this being only my 4th armor build ever, but it's something I've been wanting to do. The plan is to make a suit with some variations to make it like a spartan version of Mercy from Overwatch. The undersuit that I will be using is actually a Mercy themed D.va like suit and the armor over top, which will be a mix of 4 and 5. So here's what I have so far.

Helmet: Halo 5 Raijin
Chest: Halo 4 Venator
Shoulders: Halo 4 Pioneer
Arms: Halo 4 Contoured (supplement)
Thighs: Halo 4 ODST
Shins: Halo 5 Athalon

There is one thing that I need help with though. I would like to incorporate the wings, but I don't know how to go about doing so. Does anyone have any ideas?

(Helmet pictured is not what I'll be using)
spartan valkyrie.png

(picture is not of me, but it is the same suit that I will be using)
spartan valkyrie2.jpg

But the recruit helmet looks sooo good! D:

This is going to be awesome! As for the wings, what are you planning to do? There are ALOT of tutorials and builds on mercy's wings. Maybe you can be inspired by one and slap them onto the thrusters?

After talking with one of my friends, I think we now have a plan for this. We will be having yellow acrylic 'hard light' coming from the outer sides of the thrusters while the inside will just be lit up.
And yes, I know the recruit looks good with it too, but I already have a cast Raijin in my possession, and I don't build helmets.

received_562518297924248.jpeg

After talking with one of my friends, I think we now have a plan for this. We will be having yellow acrylic 'hard light' coming from the outer sides of the thrusters while the inside will just be lit up.
And yes, I know the recruit looks good with it too, but I already have a cast Raijin in my possession, and I don't build helmets.

View attachment 282039
Neat! Would definitely recommend another harness inside though to help with weird balance from adding that much weight on the back.

Neat! Would definitely recommend another harness inside though to help with weird balance from adding that much weight on the back.
I might also weight the front to balance it again. not sure how I'd do another harness, but with this thing being foam, I can add some weight to it. after all, my suit in my icon is fiberglass, so weighted stuff on me is no big deal.

I might also weight the front to balance it again. not sure how I'd do another harness, but with this thing being foam, I can add some weight to it. after all, my suit in my icon is fiberglass, so weighted stuff on me is no big deal.
I don’t think it has so much to do with weight. It’s that the center of gravity shifts and may need some convincing to remain in the proper position.

You could try cutting openings where the wings would sit, attach straps to the part that inserts into the torso and have them sling over your shoulder and then wrap around your abdominal section to stay secure.

That method works wonders for cloaks, preventing them from choking the life out of the wearers.

I don’t think it has so much to do with weight. It’s that the center of gravity shifts and may need some convincing to remain in the proper position.

You could try cutting openings where the wings would sit, attach straps to the part that inserts into the torso and have them sling over your shoulder and then wrap around your abdominal section to stay secure.

That method works wonders for cloaks, preventing them from choking the life out of the wearers.
Problem with that is that my undersuit won't be the standard black, and is a 1 peice bodysuit. I'd rather not cut into it, and with this being an H4 base, there is no 'armored diaper' involved here to hide it under.
Also, I'm not actually making the full wing rig. it's literally going to be yellow acrylic coming out of the thrusters, so it should help with the weight factor.

Whaaaat? I always thought that was an in game cutscene or something I just haven't seen. that's awesome!
LOL, I know the image is cropped but I don't think any spartan would be using a lightsaber (that's what's in my hand)

Problem with that is that my undersuit won't be the standard black, and is a 1 peice bodysuit. I'd rather not cut into it, and with this being an H4 base, there is no 'armored diaper' involved here to hide it under.
Also, I'm not actually making the full wing rig. it's literally going to be yellow acrylic coming out of the thrusters, so it should help with the weight factor.

LOL, I know the image is cropped but I don't think any spartan would be using a lightsaber (that's what's in my hand)
Ah. Well I know you’re gonna make it amazing! Looking forward to seeing this come alive! You’ve got this!

If I may ask, how are you planning on incorporating the halo (no pun intended) on top of the helmet?

Haha, I also had no idea that was irl! It looks so good! I always thought is was a 3d model from an sfm or something of tex testing her hand on a droid from starwars. Never noticed the lightsaber before xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back