Spartan164Ant's Build COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some progress for you all.

Stuff may get in your way, but like a Spartan you're only ever MIA (and even then, not for terribly long)!
Progress is looking good so far :D, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

That Mark V helmet is looking pretty good! Good progress on the chest too! If you're planning on using foam for extra detailing, I would recommend to use super glue or tacky glue as an adhesive. If hot glue is used, it could lead to uneven surfaces. For example, the bead of the hot glue won't lay flat and some of it will protrude from the foam depending on how you lay it. Unlike super glue or tacky glue. That's been my experience thus far.

Thanks for all your positive comments and useful tips. Due to limited resources, space and weather I can only ever do so much. I normally do all my resin and bondo work outside so when the weather is poo poo it throws me back a bit. Hence why I have started in the chest piece, I am able to do the Pepakura inside. I'll be honest seeing all the pages and pieces for the chest piece was overwhelming especially when 67 pages shot out the printer. I bit the bullet though and I'm going for it.

Again, a massive thanks for all your support you guys. Will post some updates as soon as.

Great work. Its nice you have a pam sander that will help you in the long run. Id also try to get some needle nose files so you can get into the hard to reach spots. I know when you do resin on on card stock it can warp the paper when there is no support for the Mark 5 where the visor goes. Had the same issue when i first started out. Foam on different thickness can be attached with either hot glue or contact cement. I am not sure about E6000 or Epoxy. You are on the right steps though. Do you plan to sand the Recon helmet?

Oh if you mix resin & body filler together to a slurry you can make Rondo which then you can rotto ( Rottion ) cast the inside of a helmet to build up thickness. Thats only if you dont want to use the fiber glass mate material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back