Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I said we should leave the female vs. male debate alone until we had more info, but I found something interesting in the Halo Reach forums on bungie.net, pertaining to the debate. Link

Bobbio, that might be so but Linda was with John-117 and James destroying Nav data on an ONI corvette called Circumference while the rest of the Spartan IIs were on Reach fighting the Covenant invasion. Linda was injured as John and herself left with their mission complete, but the battle of Reach had already been lost.

Merry Christmas and hello again. I come with News from Gamestop here in Santee, Ca. I was looking through our daily questions and last weeks question was a vote on what game we wanted more news about: Halo: Reach or Bioshock 2.

The Rule was Reach.

Last night while putting out the marketing FSI kit for day-after-Christmas sales I noticed a new responce for our reply on reach.

The overall concept is that there will be a mix of events within the game Halo: Reach. We'll be playing the game, much like Halo:ODST, from the views of the Spartians

as well as this "Loan Wolf". I noticed myself that all the spartians have on their shoulders a number from the Spartian-II project, but not this new guy...

It's left to speculation that we may be seeing John- 117 in old armor, or a new guy fresh straight down the road from the warehouse.

It was said though that In Reach, we'll be seeing up to a 100+ new weapons and a possible customization of them. Reasoning, this was the hub for testing new weapons and gear. With the destruction of Reach, none of it made it off the planet in time.

Roodkill said:
Merry Christmas and hello again. I come with News from Gamestop here in Santee, Ca. I was looking through our daily questions and last weeks question was a vote on what game we wanted more news about: Halo: Reach or Bioshock 2.

The Rule was Reach.

Last night while putting out the marketing FSI kit for day-after-Christmas sales I noticed a new responce for our reply on reach.

The overall concept is that there will be a mix of events within the game Halo: Reach. We'll be playing the game, much like Halo:ODST, from the views of the Spartians

as well as this "Loan Wolf". I noticed myself that all the spartians have on their shoulders a number from the Spartian-II project, but not this new guy...

It's left to speculation that we may be seeing John- 117 in old armor, or a new guy fresh straight down the road from the warehouse.

It was said though that In Reach, we'll be seeing up to a 100+ new weapons and a possible customization of them. Reasoning, this was the hub for testing new weapons and gear. With the destruction of Reach, none of it made it off the planet in time.

Really? 100+ weapons? And customization? If that's true, that will be pretty crazy awesome. Sorry about getting off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
did considr that fact, because reach was a research and development planet, odd are we may see some new unsc tech here that was still in the testing phase. Very cool concept, reach is like a technological eddy in time.

At this point i can already tell you that we will never conclusively know thegender of the protagonist- bungie provides a shell of a charcter for us to project our own qualities on. The rookies gender was never specified (though I think he shows up in evolutions as he rookie in "dirt" and is listed as a man there if I'm right). Based on other sources I also believe that the lone wolf is a Spartan 3, and several members of noble team are too (Spartans with numbers too high to have been in John 117s class) kat and Carter are threes I beleive and jorge is a Spartan 2 from johns class.

I still also refer to lone wolfs grey armor, a color of armor reserved for the class misfits and lone wolves- another possible link to percieved tensions between spi/eva Spartan. Withthe Spartan:black teams now known existance, all bets are off and there could have been 30 classes of Spartans for all we know. Halo evolutions really opens a lot of doors for bungie to make a lot more Spartans. There's also a Spartan 3 mission in there too that doesn't fit into the training, death on pegasi, onyx timeline too.

The only steady evidence for Spartan-IIIs is the fact that Pegasi was mentioned, with no reference to anything else about it(except that he/she survived something on it) which isnt solid evidence in itself, another unknown Spartan-II team could have been on Pegasi, and still your not thinking of a second smaller class of Spartans-IIs.

The Spartan-III theory has more evidence pointing to something else and stacked against it than it has for it.

The thing that cemented my mind in favor of the Spartan 3 theory is the press releases that they have said were erroneously released, but not a typo. I'm referring to the one that said "step into the boots of a Spartan 3". And there was also the q&a where they asked if it was s2's or 3's and the answer was only "yes". I interperet that to mean "both", however I am not rabid about the theory, as it is just that; a theory. I also do not discount the possibility of another class of Spartan 2s. As a matter of fact I'm sure there was another as Spartan black aren't mentioned in Anything I've read about the original class of s2s. All I know is, next fall can't get here soon enough.

I also believe they were talking about both.

Almost a year away.. or maybe i can say only about 10 months away :(

both still sound pretty bad ;)

oni ok.. i had mentioned that it would make sence....

new weapons... kinda figured gonna be sweet...

girl or guy... anyone think that armor is a bit hard to walk it its bulky and it can make your hips sway more because your legs are spread farther apart to stop the armor from rubbing?

their was another thing.. oh yea s3's were on pelagasi and when reach was attacked kurt was starting to train a new batch of s3's. only conclusion is dont believe what ms tells you only bungie. ms doesnt know crap.

again with my oni speculation. oni made its own s2 group away from the first one. or took some spartans for their own use like grey team.

as for eva vs spi well its eva.. bungie didnt have any need to really use spii and didnt have a final on any of the halo 3 mp helms so this eva could be an updated one.

By the way, you can definitely tell the Rookie in ODST was male by the grunts you hear after he's been injured.

I think we'll be able to tell, one way or not (whether it's the death screams or painful grunts) once we have some actual gameplay footage.

Cadet said:

See, this is what I like. A reasoned counter to my points. And believe me, I'm not going to slam down anybody when it comes to their opinions. You're allowed to have opinions, opinions are great. But people that state their opinion as fact with no form of backup whatsoever are cannon fodder for my boots, both in the backside and mouth.

Though, to point out, Rosh: The Rookie's gender was always certified as male. Bungie said so, the sound effects for him are male, and he's referred to in the male pronoun. Therefore, male. However, we know next to nothing about the Lone Wolf, so this character's identity is based purely on conjecture at this point. I'd like to think that the character's female, however. Go 26th Century girl power!

Lone wolf is not 117. Cheif was on a station With Linda Who is also reffered to as Lone wolf and another guy whos name i for got that died.

okies after wadeing through 12 pages of speculation .. it occured to me that no1 has broached the subject of "role".. we clearly have a sniper(not named but kinda obvious witch 1).. a cqb(yep mr i got a skull on my helmet so i am bad ass)and yes he does have grenade shells on his belt, not unheard of for lightly geared team members to help carry heavy audinance for others.. heavy weapons(Jorge-052)armor reinforcements on chest ect, tank on legs kinda deal.. tactical (commander CARTER-259).. so hmm that leaves kat-320.. are we thinking medic??? well i am and its highly likely u would need/have 1 also her mechanical arm would lend itself to a less combative role and even possiabley aid in delicate surgury ect.. ( and b4 some1 throws their toys out of the pram about me saying the female on the team would ofc be medic .. i am goin on facts offered from clip /pics gearing ect not physical prowess) its clear shes seen her fair share of firefights...

and ofc the burning question.. what role is left?? it is clearly stated that the new comers "skill set" will be needed and that he has been used to "lone wolfing it" and that his file is "need to know" and classified above that of a normal spartan.. thus the comment about the bits ONI didn't want any1 to see...just a guess but am betting spartans have fairly high security clearance and their files are fairly closed book anyway.. his/hers is above that?? what skillset is that?? dare i say it.. infiltration?? assasination??( wich ofc prompts the further speculation of him/her not being a standard spartan and infact cov/black ops )for me that would explain alot, no1 100% trusts a spook, even if formerly a friend/ally and an infiltration speciallist would be the most likely candidate to escape a world that was deemed to be 100% kia..

would also like to add that no1 has brought up the spartan 2's that "failed" or "died" in the process.. military inteligence here ppl.. WAY outside the box.. for instance .. when performing any experiment.. varied results are likely, some good and some bad.. while u might get deformitys and deaths.. u must(mathimatically likely)also get perfection(or close to it), those who did better than average bonded to their augments and upgardes like they were born to it.. John-117 clearly at top of the class.. but was he the only 1 so gifted?? or did another test subject also out perform ?? but in a different field .. records could clearly state that test subject."died" or "washed out"??.. while they were infact being "replaced" and whisked away for more focused training.. only to re-appear(asigned) in a time of great need, to lend his specific skills to a mission so vital it was more important than the deffence of an entire world? maybe...

anyhoo i digress.. the team on reach(game)..sounds like a hand picked team for 1 single purpose and 1 not likely to appear on the records.. as for the gear differences i like the idea of a test world.. the higher gravity ect would also lend to stress testing.. also if u look at any other spec ops grps while their gear is issued as standard no unit will have 2 identical.. when your life depends on your tools, u tend to adapt and modifiy on the job... a 0.2% edge can be the difference.. so if each team member has been "in country".. or "on the job" and recalled in a hurry.. re-seply and re-equip would be done on the fly.. not parade ground

think thats muddied the waters a lilttle with my random thoughts..

I have a theory. The announcement trailer is not set on Reach. And why would I say that? Well, because I see another planet on the Horizon when the Aircrafts take off with the Spartans, and I don't remember Reach having any other planets like that close by. Just watch the trailer again and discuss.

Good point on the grunts- I hadn't thought about it I guess. I also wondered if that was another planet other than reach. Who knows? I kind of hope it is just to provide a little bit of depth to noble teams Spartans.

L067 said:
okies after wadeing through 12 pages of speculation .. it occured to me that no1 has broached the subject of "role".. we clearly have a sniper(not named but kinda obvious witch 1).. a cqb(yep mr i got a skull on my helmet so i am bad ass)and yes he does have grenade shells on his belt, not unheard of for lightly geared team members to help carry heavy audinance for others.. heavy weapons(Jorge-052)armor reinforcements on chest ect, tank on legs kinda deal.. tactical (commander CARTER-259).. so hmm that leaves kat-320.. are we thinking medic??? well i am and its highly likely u would need/have 1 also her mechanical arm would lend itself to a less combative role and even possiabley aid in delicate surgury ect.. ( and b4 some1 throws their toys out of the pram about me saying the female on the team would ofc be medic .. i am goin on facts offered from clip /pics gearing ect not physical prowess) its clear shes seen her fair share of firefights...

and ofc the burning question.. what role is left?? it is clearly stated that the new comers "skill set" will be needed and that he has been used to "lone wolfing it" and that his file is "need to know" and classified above that of a normal spartan.. thus the comment about the bits ONI didn't want any1 to see...just a guess but am betting spartans have fairly high security clearance and their files are fairly closed book anyway.. his/hers is above that?? what skillset is that?? dare i say it.. infiltration?? assasination??( wich ofc prompts the further speculation of him/her not being a standard spartan and infact cov/black ops )for me that would explain alot, no1 100% trusts a spook, even if formerly a friend/ally and an infiltration speciallist would be the most likely candidate to escape a world that was deemed to be 100% kia..

would also like to add that no1 has brought up the spartan 2's that "failed" or "died" in the process.. military inteligence here ppl.. WAY outside the box.. for instance .. when performing any experiment.. varied results are likely, some good and some bad.. while u might get deformitys and deaths.. u must(mathimatically likely)also get perfection(or close to it), those who did better than average bonded to their augments and upgardes like they were born to it.. John-117 clearly at top of the class.. but was he the only 1 so gifted?? or did another test subject also out perform ?? but in a different field .. records could clearly state that test subject."died" or "washed out"??.. while they were infact being "replaced" and whisked away for more focused training.. only to re-appear(asigned) in a time of great need, to lend his specific skills to a mission so vital it was more important than the deffence of an entire world? maybe...

anyhoo i digress.. the team on reach(game)..sounds like a hand picked team for 1 single purpose and 1 not likely to appear on the records.. as for the gear differences i like the idea of a test world.. the higher gravity ect would also lend to stress testing.. also if u look at any other spec ops grps while their gear is issued as standard no unit will have 2 identical.. when your life depends on your tools, u tend to adapt and modifiy on the job... a 0.2% edge can be the difference.. so if each team member has been "in country".. or "on the job" and recalled in a hurry.. re-seply and re-equip would be done on the fly.. not parade ground

think thats muddied the waters a lilttle with my random thoughts..

The idea of a hand picked squad is definitely interesting. That might explain why they have different gear, and might even further the SIII theory. Another thing that I thought of is that cyber arm girl could just have received a flash-cloned arm, so maybe things were a bit rushed while they were thinking of a way to replace her arm. Also, reaper, according to Adam's theory (which I might add, I also thought of) had his visor scratched, and decided to go with it, changing it into a skull. Maybe this happened in the same battle that cyber arm girl lost her arm in, say a quick extraction or something. As for the different planet idea, I went over the trailer again, and I'm not seeing it. Perhaps you could post a screenshot or something?

bobbio555 said:
... As for the different planet idea, I went over the trailer again, and I'm not seeing it. Perhaps you could post a screenshot or something?

I think this is it, on the left side of the screen, to the right of the mountain:

4239061992_28edbe7b58_m.jpg

Belakor said:
I think this is it, on the left side of the screen, to the right of the mountain:

4239061992_28edbe7b58_m.jpg

Bingo, Belakor got it.

EDIT.

OH SHI- That planet is too close to the planet the Spartans are on. Which means... They're on a moon orbiting a planet? OH SHI- I think I'm on to something!

If my memory serves me right, maybe it's the battle of Sigma Octanus VII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back