Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
any one else release there were all in the halo 3: ODST as easter eggs on License plates?

so our "lone wolf" is either sierra-000 (fitting for a the lone wolf) or sierra-344

Also compare it with the announcement trailer

"I need you in that fight, Noble One... Noble One, come in... Noble One, do you read me?"

might reefer to a rescue or death of noble one

KNO 320K - Kat-320, Noble One

KNF 239E - Sierra-239, Noble Four/Five

KNF 266J - Sierra-266, Noble Four/Five

KNL 259C - Carter-259, Noble Leader

KNS 000X - Sierra-000, Noble Six/Seven

KNS 344R - Sierra-344, Noble Six/Seven

KNT 052J - Jorge-052, Noble Two/Three

KNT 293T - Sierra-293, Noble Two/Three

taken form http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/License_Plate_Eggs just a speculation

Vert Marine 752 said:
is anyone brave enough to attempt to pep the helmets in the reference pictures?

It would be awesome and i would build it in an instant ;p

Please stay on topic, this thread is to identify the SPARTANs in the premiere trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
My two cents about the "Lone Wolf" Is that he is part of the Gray Team. You can hear one of them say something along the lines of..."I didnt think anyone survived." And then the commander guys say something about how Spartans dont die..they just go missing in action. I dunno. So perhaps our Lone Wolf is a Gray Team Survivor...?? Just food for thought.

-Loki

So I just was watching the trailer again. And I saw something kinda interesting. The Sniper guy..I dunno what you all are calling him haha. If you look closely when they are first getting in the chopper things. If you have the pics its right around pic 0718. He has some camo hanging over his shoulders like hunters use. I dunno just kinda cool! Also these helmets are way different than anything I have seen before. They all look like hybrids. The "skull guy" has what looks like an eva lens fitted on a Mark V or IV helmet with the visor-part cut off to fit the lens. Anyways will keep looking at pics and seeing what else I can see.

Trickster Loki said:
My two cents about the "Lone Wolf" Is that he is part of the Gray Team. You can hear one of them say something along the lines of..."I didnt think anyone survived." And then the commander guys say something about how Spartans dont die..they just go missing in action. I dunno. So perhaps our Lone Wolf is a Gray Team Survivor...?? Just food for thought.

-Loki

So I just was watching the trailer again. And I saw something kinda interesting. The Sniper guy..I dunno what you all are calling him haha. If you look closely when they are first getting in the chopper things. If you have the pics its right around pic 0718. He has some camo hanging over his shoulders like hunters use. I dunno just kinda cool! Also these helmets are way different than anything I have seen before. They all look like hybrids. The "skull guy" has what looks like an eva lens fitted on a Mark V or IV helmet with the visor-part cut off to fit the lens. Anyways will keep looking at pics and seeing what else I can see.

The helmet you see that 6 is wearing is supposedly the new redesigned Mark 5 helmet.

At this point I have become fairly certain that the explanation is going to be along the lines of Eric Trautmann's quote that the number of Spartans in the book Fall of Reach only seems like an inconsistency to save for future stories, and we are going to get some sort of big reveal that there was another class of Spartans or something.

However, it interesting that Mike from Gray TEam's opertaing number is never shown or told in nay of the pre-existing media....

is anyone missing the point of the lone wolf?

ok ok so you are the lone wolf... ok cool... now get this.. he has beef with skull face whoopee? had a fight before? ok so he's a spartan 2... oh i see now something that no one has addressed....

ONI yea i know right get this... heres a simple theory... at the end of the trailer cater says i read your report even the stuff oni didn't want me to... anyone care to think that this spartan like kurt was whisked away and sent in as a lone wolf for insane missions where he didn't need a TEAM atmosphere?

if this character is an oni spook's soldier taken after the augmentation we will have no knowledge of this character till now...

as for the spartan teams... since when do we stereo type into 2 or 3 teams.. red.. blue... gray... we don't... teams are what they are when they need them.. did jon really have a team on halo nope... but in the books he did... gray team is 3 people... not 4 or 5... red and blue team is part of a calculated thing of ok im in command your going here and your going their...

get this someone else brought this up and im too lazy to go back through the thread to find who said it but... because we think this planet is reach doesnt mean it is.. other planets were glassed... maybe we will be starting on one planet then going to the next...

oh oh oh team thing this just came to me... referring to the books.. jon sends red team to the ground and blue to the space station... well red team for ease of communication then splits them selfs into smaller teams a,b,c,d,e,f, or whatever their preference or the teams they usually have when not in such a mass group.

remember everyone that if noble team is used to fighting together on other planets who's to say bungie doesn't have something up their sleeves to explain all this.

CommanderFluffy said:

That made absolutely no sense, but I'll pick out some points for you as a whole just so you're not as confused.

- The SPARTANs were set into teams based on their abilities and strengths - therefore, you have a select set of diverse teams for a mission, rather than sending an entire squad of SPARTANs to one conflict. It enables the SPARTAN group to be more effective - ergo, Grey Team working well together as lone wolves on long-distance missions.

- Of course the planet is Reach. Didn't you get the whole part of the game being Halo: REACH?

A lot of the extremely convoluted points you've put up there are explained quite easily through a bit of research on Halopedia, and through some applied thinking.

"at the end of the trailer cater says i read your report even the stuff oni didn't want me to... anyone care to think that this spartan like kurt was whisked away and sent in as a lone wolf for insane missions where he didn't need a TEAM atmosphere?"

What if all of the 30 augmentation failures did not really fail but were taken by ONI? Think about that.

@Rundown, I had actually just popped into this thread to ask if anyone else had spotted that. I just saw it as I was browsing some ref photos.

CrackerJack121 said:
Don't know if anyone has raised this yet, but according to a Microsoft press release, The playable character in reach will be a Spartan III.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/12/13/kz123.aspx

What's your opinion peeps, real, typo or bull?

I am thinking typo, but maybe not. It will be interesting to what scraps they throw us next. I know this Buzzard just loves scraps!

drgon47 said:
@Rundown, I had actually just popped into this thread to ask if anyone else had spotted that. I just saw it as I was browsing some ref photos.

could be a battlefield lay out :eek

CrackerJack121 said:
Don't know if anyone has raised this yet, but according to a Microsoft press release, The playable character in reach will be a Spartan III.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/12/13/kz123.aspx

What's your opinion peeps, real, typo or bull?

That's a quote from an article on Team Xbox's website, and they're not all that of a reliable source. Read post #60 on page 2, I posted a link to the article there.

A little offtopic but about the helicopter like vehicles are probably only for the Planet Reach. Seeing as Reach has a gravity of 1.08 that of Earth every one and thing is 8% more heavy. And since in all Halo games so far (other then Halo Wars) have been on Earth and the Halo array which all had the same level of gravity as Earth. But with Reach things are a bit heavier so maybe a hornet is a bit fuel guzzler with its VTOL system. So they went back to the 21st century design of vehicles to preserve what ever fuel they use to fly their low orbit vehicles.

Spartan 051 said:
you also have to remember this is pre halo 3 so it could be an earlier version of the hornet

Halo Wars had the Hornet and Hawk and was 20 years prior.

This has probably already been mentioned, but Jorge mentions that the Lieutenant was a survivor from a planet called "Pegasi"

Pegasi (or at least Pegasi Delta) was one of the planets that was assaulted by the SPARTAN-III Program.

Only two SPARTAN-IIIs were known to survive.

PLUS, on top of that, the SPARTAN-III program was handled jointly by the Army and the Marines. This is made clear by Kurt's change in rank to Lieutenant Commander, which is based on either the Army or Marine system of ranks. This would also go a LONG way to explaining the 'Lieutenant's' rank discrepancy.

AND ANOTHER PLUS: Halo: Reach takes place BEFORE the Onyx incident, meaning that all of Kurt's group are still available to move around as they see fit. So, it's actually very possible that this "Lieutenant" is a SPARTAN-III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back