Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
sierra092 said:
Also, the Rookie is an FNG (F*****g new guy) so he was probably fresh out of odst training.

ODST training? He's a SPARTAN. Unless you're referring to the Rookie in ODST.

Last edited by a moderator:
somehow at some point i thought this was supposed to be aired on the 15, but, i was at my sisters and turned on the tv to spike and almost dropped my jaw to the floor, i tuned in just before the commercial break before the premier, it was a great bit of luck.

anyways, on topic i love the new armor, i was really wrong on who thees Spartans are and it appears that the chief is sitting out again, or is he.

if it wasn't for my computer almost kicking the bucket right now i would be on the 3ds-max rampage on this stuff.

I was refering to the Rookie from odst :p

Heres what i don't get though:

Lone Wolf/Number 6 is a lieutenant, whereas spartans are naval.

Jorge mentions he's a survivor of Pegasi, which only spartan IIIs were sent on. Also only Tom-B292 and Lucy-B091 survived (as far as we know). This points towards lone wolf being a spartan III.

Carter says to lone wolf "You can leave that lone wolf stuff behind", but spartan IIIs had to work in teams.

Finally, spartans don't "Join up", plus they grew up together but the rest of Noble Team didn't know who lone wolf was. Even if he had new armour since they'd seen him, his serial would be printed somewhere on it.

Underdogg13 said:
I just put up a new picture that Bungie posted in an update, it's quite obviously grey in said picture. Also, Bungie refers to him as the Lone Wolf, so I guess that's what we'll call him.

Oops, yeah just saw that, my bad :D .

I can tell you hes not a spartan three, or he better not be. And Jorge never sai Pegai DELTA, just Pegasi, and Pegasi wasn't even what I thought he said, will rewatch.

Isaac said:
Oops, yeah just saw that, my bad :D .

I can tell you hes not a spartan three, or he better not be. And Jorge never sai Pegai DELTA, just Pegasi, and Pegasi wasn't even what I thought he said, will rewatch.

Where there other planets on Pegasi? To halo wikia! :F

51 Pegasi-B was a planet located in a star system on the fringes of UNSC controlled space, orbiting 51 Pegasi, and was close to 85 Pegasi-194A.[1] It was also home of the small moon of Pegasi Delta.

From Halo wikia

Exactly, could have been another Pegasi and Spartan-II's (aside Kurt) had no knowledge of Spartan-IIIs...so yeah, my money is on him being a Spartan-II mark II

Yes i see that now, he just pronounced it differently than I imagined. I Thought it was Peh-gus-ee not PegGAHsee.

and Kat appears to have a suped-up halo 2 odst helmet. Oh and how would Jorge no Wolf was on Pegasi if he didn't recognize him...

Why do you guys keep saying he couldn't be a Spartan II because they don't "join up"? Maybe he was part of a different Spartan team, and most (or all) of the other members died (or went MIA), so this new guy was just now joining Noble team as a replacement. That doesn't mean he just now joined the Spartans.

As for the leaving lone wolf stuff behind, it wouldn't fit for the Spartan IIs either because they also worked in teams (albeit smaller ones). Considering that we know nothing about Spartan Is, there is still room for Bungie to introduce them.

The new guy and the skull-faced EVA knowing each other brings up some interesting issues. The new Spartan obviously hasn't served with this team before, so how would they know each other? Maybe skull-face is also a Spartan I that joined the Spartan IIs, so maybe that's how they know each other. Skull-face just seems to be the toughened veteran of the team, the one that has the most kills, is the most methodical, and doesn't speak much. There's just something about his armour and mannerisms that give me that impression.

Or maybe I'm just overly helpful that we learn something about the Spartan Is. And yes, I'm aware of the theory that the UNSC never had a Spartan I program, and that the Spartan Is were in fact the orginal Spartans (of Sparta) from ancient Greece.

We know quite a bit about Spartans Is, aka Project:ORION, and going by what we know, it cant be them, since all of them around 60-70 years old by the time of Reach's demise.

Sgt. Johnson was a Spartan I, and it was hinted Mendez was one. Since Project Orion subjects recieved little to no augmentation, the cant wear the armor.

Spartan Is are confirmed as well.

OK I'm gonna have to lay out a couple of interesting points, HOWEVER, I want it on record that I do not believe any of these characters are Spartan III's with the info we currently have.

Original spartan III's (Alpha company) were KIA or MIA in the year 2537. And were KIA/MIA due to their lack of team-work training and focusing only on the mission. They did not stop for fallen comrades if it put the success of the mission at rick (AKA lone wolf attitudes). Although there is no record of any survivors it was never actually made clear (only assumed) that all were killed.

The fall of reach happens in the year 2552 which overlaps functioning spartan III's by almost 2 decades.

Now onto to the other side of the story

Reach was also the birthplace of the legendary SPARTAN-II Program. and as we are only now learning the extent of how many spartan II's survived and what they went on to do this could very well be a spartan II. I have not finished reading "Halo: Evolutions" but it's first story has a great tale of one of the spartans whose body was contorted during augmentation.

The possibility as stated in posts above that it could have been a spartan I is also true as there was a spartan I project CODE NAME the Orion project. Many of these survivors or which experienced side effects from their augmentations, which was covered up by ONI, who stated they had contracted "Boren’s Syndrome", supposedly caused by radiation exposure. It has been loosely implied that Johnson was one such "Spartan I"

and finally although the books are probably the best source of info about anything in the Halo universe the only "Cannon" materials you can have are from the games made by Bungie (the original creators of Halo).

Were not saying he can't be a spartan II, I actually have my money down on him being a Spartan II, albeit a SII mark II, we just pointed out spartans just don't join up to be spartans, it's quite plausible hes just joining noble team.

What do you mean books arent canon, bungie has stated the books are infact Canon. Another thing, Johnson is also a confirmed Spartan I, in Contact Harvest that was stated I believe, Mendez is the one who its only kind of implied.

A few things i thought it would be helpful to point out:

1. Although the game is called "Halo: Reach", One must also remember that with the exception of Halo 3 ODST, no single Halo game containing a SPARTAN has ever stayed on one planet. In other words, it may be assumed so, but it isn't Certain that this trailer was set on Reach.

2. There were 150 candidates into the Spartan II program, and half of those became spartans... even less actually got to wear MJOLNIR armor. Perhaps this is a different soldier program all-together?

3. The silent character is referred to as a Lieutenant. I'm pretty sure the only Lt. Spartan was Kurt-051 and he was promoted after he went MIA. Then again, It was implied that he was a survivor of Pegasi, and though an incredibly long and most likely wrong stretch,

Kurt>Spartan III>Pegasi Delta Assault

Also, ONI would have likely classified Kurt's Spartan III years. That is, assuming he somehow fought off those elites at the end of Onyx...then making it back to UNSC space in time for supper...not likely...

4. Perhaps the developers just threw the books out the window and did what they felt like doing... Its not completely unheard of, after all.

5. The one with the EVA helm seems to have shotgun shells on his arm...

6. On the brighter side, it looks like Energy shields are back!

7. Perhaps the silent one is an original spartan II and those with the crazy permutations are spartan II-2s... After all, the others seem to be treating him as a veteran of some sort...

Zendric said:
What do you mean books arent canon, bungie has stated the books are infact Canon. Another thing, Johnson is also a confirmed Spartan I, in Contact Harvest that was stated I believe, Mendez is the one who its only kind of implied.

it's more of what I am seeing in the new book, and what is happening in the package that makes me believe that only bungie games are cannon sir. The newer media coming out is well it's good but confusing to the time-lines/ books. Like the Package when the crap did that happen in the time-line?? as for the Johnson actually being a Spartan I, I will go back and re-read. I remember dr. hasley finding out that he was not infected due to his Boren's (spelling??) Syndrome but I don't remember them actually stating he was in project orion/ spartan I. And although bungie may have said they are cannon when they were Run by microsoft that could have been pressure talking not truth. A lot of the universe here seems to be evolving (for lack of a better term) as newer media is being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back