Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DMR is the Designated Marksmen Rifle. Its like the Battle Rifle, but one round deals more damage to the enemy, and there is no 3 round burst. Finally a rifle like the Battle Rifle that would work in real life!

As for the Assault Rifles changes, I find it more realistic and it simply looks cooler. I enjoy the fact that the ammunition counter is seperate from the Assault Rifle, and is held on a 20mm rail. I also like how instead of just having the Assault Rifles targeting system programed into your HUD, it has what looks like a laser sight, and a place where the targeting can be calculated (its on the ammunition counter modular) and put into your HUD system.

Its the same with the DMR's iron sight. It makes it more realistic, and relates more to todays weapons. Not to mention the button you press to remove the magazine is in a place where you press it, and the magazine would actually slide out. Not like in the BR55HB SR version (Halo 3...) where the magazine release button is far from where the magazine would be placed in the rifle.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
The DMR is the Designated Marksmen Rifle. Its like the Battle Rifle, but one round deals more damage to the enemy, and there is no 3 round burst. Finally a rifle like the Battle Rifle that would work in real life!

As for the Assault Rifles changes, I find it more realistic and it simply looks cooler. I enjoy the fact that the ammunition counter is seperate from the Assault Rifle, and is held on a 20mm rail. I also like how instead of just having the Assault Rifles targeting system programed into your HUD, it has what looks like a laser sight, and a place where the targeting can be calculated (its on the ammunition counter modular) and put into your HUD system.

Its the same with the DMR's iron sight. It makes it more realistic, and relates more to todays weapons. Not to mention the button you press to remove the magazine is in a place where you press it, and the magazine would actually slide out. Not like in the BR55HB SR version (Halo 3...) where the magazine release button is far from where the magazine would be placed in the rifle.

But a 3-round Burst bullpup in a design very similar to the Battle Rifle's would very much be possible, even by today's technology. Not counting for the 515 years between now and its first appearance. (Contact: Harvest)

MJOLNIR, and its various contributions, was quite advanced. It took data gathered by assumed position of the weapon in hand, combined with data for the weapon, and guessed a firing position and spread rate. Again, 500-something years. Also, an ammo counter not built in actually seems less realistic to me. Now, there's some system that has to be attached separately, which also means shoving more parts in a now-smaller gun to make your external counter work. The old system, in its larger housing, would be able to use a built-in contact system that counts how far the magazine spring is extended, along with data from the mag telling the computer what its maximum ammo storage is. For that matter, MJOLNIR, again, sent data to the HUD about how much ammo the gun was carrying. This only works for the AR and BR, but I'm sure I can think of a system that pertains to the other weapons.

Where would the mag release be placed? By the acceptor, right? Where is the BR-55's release? By the acceptor. Bullpups are weird, but I guess if you're moving your hand there to slap a mag in, you may as well simplify your mechanism and put your release there, too.

I'm not trying to sound like an *******, I'm just refuting your statements with my own opinions. I really wanna see how these new variants play out, but at the same time, I still love the old weapons that I've gotten used to.

Personally, I want to see how that big whatever-it-is in Jorge's hands plays out. Is it a railgun? Is it a heavy machine gun? Is it a heavy machine railgun? That, a new weapon entirely, (DMR sounds too much like a reskinned M6SOCOM to me) is the source of my curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrowhead0006 said:
According to the Halo Wiki, the guy with the EVA Skull hekmet is Emile - A239

I'm definettaly attempting that helmet

Gameinformer confirmed this, then someone put it on Halopedia.

While I'm thinking of it, that's been mentioned before in this thread. Welcome to the 405th, first post, but please read the whole thread before posting.

http://www.bungie.ne...le.aspx?ucc=faq

read up. this mentions alot of stuff that was discussed earlier on this forum like these spartans possibly being army and of ackersons design.also it seems that the personnel files are written by hasely or possibly mendez. It seems with the link below that cannon has been re directed not destroyed

http://www.bungie.ne...onnel&cid=24040

the name at the bottom of this made my blood run cold.

EDIT: ok so s-091 is lucy, but who is s-170?

Dusty said:
http://www.bungie.ne...le.aspx?ucc=faq

read up. this mentions alot of stuff that was discussed earlier on this forum like these spartans possibly being army and of ackersons design.also it seems that the personnel files are written by hasely or possibly mendez. It seems with the link below that cannon has been re directed not destroyed

http://www.bungie.ne...onnel&cid=24040

the name at the bottom of this made my blood run cold.

EDIT: ok so s-091 is lucy, but who is s-170?

That's Tom, if I recall correctly (Been some years since I read Ghosts)

Kurt Ambrose - I could swear I met a Mormon missionary by that name. 0_0

OHOHOHO! Lieutenant XXX! Halo Reach just got a lot more naughty!

Apart from bad jokes, this update is pretty neat.

Ha! I knew Bungie would come up with something to keep the story from falling to far out of canon. Kurt and Mendez were angry at Ackerson about the suicide missions so they hid some S-IIIs from him. Sounds good to me! :p

SchizophrenicMC said:
Gotta love playing hell with Ackerson. He's everyone's favorite target. (GO. HALSEY)

AMEN!!! :D

GO. HALSEY!!! :cool

Ronster said:
Still looks more like an SPI helmet to me then an EVA...

Agreed. For that matter, why would a SPARTAN-III, trained for close-quarters ground combat be wearing a space activity helmet? SPARTAN-IIIs used SPI, SPI had dome visors, Emile is a SPARTAN-III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back