Spase Molded Helms

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Spase" said:
I read the directions, I watched to tutorials, I bought a book, I asked for advice...

Which book? Can you give us advices?

Niiice job BTW.

PM Sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
FROST WANTT!!!!!!

Spase...how much, name me a price now, we talked back then, now it's real, price it, it looks awsome....I dont care if it;s a rough pull or not, as long as it comes out just like your helmet.

He resin and glassed it too, then used body fillter to make it smooth, then he sanded and painted, more work involved, but spase made a helmet which looks like it was carved from clay, it's probably the absolute best pep helmet EVER.

Not exactly... there is a bit more that goes into it... and its not just, "like painting on the orange stuff"... which is actually pink lol... you have to have an idea of what you are doing... its not as simple as just printing some paper pieces and gluing #225 to the flap of #225, and even Pep is not really simple... There was many steps and 3 weeks of planning and prep to do what I have done. Not mention the money and all my free time. All said it was more than $600 for materials to set it up to make a copy of my original helm, not to mention the 70-80 hours of time that went into the project..

Edit: I don't want to sound negatigve, and I am not trying to discourage anyone to try... and I can answer as many questions as I can... I just want some of the new folks to realize its not just a slap together project...

Well I trimmed and detailed the pull, primed it... and painted it Blue...

I really hate the blue... but we will have to wait and see what it looks like in the sun... but most likely it will get sanded tomorrow and repainted... most likely green... but, now there are two..

I personaly like the blue, but that is just my opinion. Keep up the good work.

i like the blue, a little to dark but it probaly looks better in the sun but u still need to detail the black parts. And what did u just receive 2 new visors or did u just have an extra 2 lying around.

I agree with you on the colour, Spase. The blue's too dark. Maybe a lighter shade would work, but not that. Hey... how about rather than repainting it green, you try red? That could look real good, buddy. Anyway, it's just a friendly suggestion, is all... :cool:

P.S., Nice job on the casting! Keep up the good work!

SPARTAN II said:
I agree with you on the colour, Spase. The blue's too dark. Maybe a lighter shade would work, but not that. Hey... how about rather than repainting it green, you try red? That could look real good, buddy. Anyway, it's just a friendly suggestion, is all... :cool:

P.S., Nice job on the casting! Keep up the good work!

I figured out what it was about the color that bothers me... the blue is a shade to dark... but its the reflective, or rather, gloss finish thats throwing me off. I am going to sand it and paint it a steel color, but with flat paint, I think that will do the trick...

They are new visors cut from the template of my originals... and your right, the black details were not added because it was getting cold and I was tired of fooling with the helmet..

Last edited by a moderator:
It really does look funny glossy... I think its the angular properties combined with light reflection... it just looks funny... but I am going to only do flat or satin finished from now on... that Gloss paint just ruins the whole effect for me... its like I will need to design mjolnir grills, chains, and various other bling to go along with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back