Spielberg To Produce Halo: Fall Of Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he said he would be interested in directing it, but wanted to direct that futuristic movie he wrote first...

xalener said:
Some fools screaming because of an unfinished calendar won't keep me from enjoying what could be the FIRST good game movie.

Hey! Can't completely rule out Sands of Time...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beattie could actually turn out to be a better director than a writer - we may not know until his film comes out, if/when it does. I just feel this script needs leaking, sooner rather than later. No surprises - just quality.

Ronster said:
Thought he said he would be interested in directing it, but wanted to direct that futuristic movie he wrote first...

Hey! Can't completely rule out Sands of Time...!

LOL!

Jake...The whitest dude in hollywood (next to Tom Kenney) IS the prince...of...persia?

PERSIA.

lol.

They're doing the same thing wth The Last Airbender. And the same thing with DB evolution. They just cast all the Asian characters (or any minority) as white people.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is that I'd better be successful in my career. If there's ANY movie, I'dwant to direct that's based off of something, it's Halo.

I'd have to say that The Fall Of Reach(For Halo Fandom), contains a lot of cool moments(Most of which WOULD NOT translate well onto celluloid), but would only really confuse and alienate potential "new fans" if it was done first.

If they wanted to make a Halo movie to set up a possible franchise(To get more bums on seats than just "us", the Halo-loyalists), they'd be better off doing a "LOTR-style" set of three[/i] movies(WELL PUBLICISED as being filmed BACK TO BACK), with Contact Harvest, Or a similar re-telling of the first contact of the Covenant, Followed by the story of the Spartans(Possibly in chronological order, so as to not confuse viewers), followed by the story of Halo3.

It would book-end all the important parts and tell most of the story WE already know, but make it more "novice friendly".

I for one would gladly pay ten times the standard entry fee just to watch each Halo book if it were film, but i am VERY familiar with all the stories already, and would greatly relish the opportunity to watch ANY Halo movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back