SquishyShoes's Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, bad news (of sorts) I reckon this project might just become a 'one person - one suit' project for a while. My mates are lacking the motivation, I'm lacking perseverance/motivation/etc. I've got my right hip plate pepped and started on helmet v3 and 4. V4 is half finished and going to be too big, so I'm going to finish it and reprint v3. I'm still trying to get the others in on this, I just need to bring them here so they can see what the suits wiull end up like and what they need to build them. Will get pictures within a week, hopefully.

thats a shame. while it may be easy for you to beocme motivated, it can sometimes be difficult to get others. what you need to do is make a sweet bit of armour, then show them all, thell them what it took, but that way you can also learn from what went wrong when you did it. also thell them that they will be sorry if they dont start now!

@SquishyShoes
Don't feel bad, I tried to make 4 guns in two weeks. It's been a month and I'm hoping to get the pistol at least finished by friday. Just work at your technically perfect pace and your perseverance and motivation will return. Btw I love your Avatar

I started in January and have done a ton of versions of different pieces, and yeah, I love my avatar too.

Sorry, no pics. The stupid helmet's too big and the shoulders are wrong. I'm going to work on this stuff later, but for now just some random net surfing.

nice work pepping man are you going to resin??

Yeah, one day. I'm up to about version four of most things by now. I want to get everything just right. So I'm not going to fibreglass things until I've got everything pepped and the way I like it. I just finished one of the shoulders last night (about v3) and it's too big, so I might either rescale reprint and repep that or I might try and get a pic up for you guys to judge.

Same avatar pictureXD FORKLIFTS FTW!
Damn, now I'm considering changing it to a forklift... Nah, I like my cat.

Also, the helmet I mentioned in one of the last updates, is too big. So, I'm gonna repep it (and a couple of other, Roadwarrior's mk v and a mk iv) before I fibreglass it.

Again also, the mates I had doing this with me are no longer going to do this with me. :(
Instead, we're (hopefully) going to do a set of mk ivs.

But, instead of doing that I will be repepping and rescaling and rechoosing the pieces I'm going to use. So, till next time, That's all folks!

Finally got some pics! Been a bit slack lately and couldn't find the cord to the camera. So here they are:
Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

What's the scale on my shoulder like? Too big? It's been bugging me, I'm not sure whether or not to re pep it, apart that I'm pretty happy with everything.
I probably won't be updating this thread for a while, because I have exams in a week or two and am pushing pep to the back of my priority list. I'll still be on the forums though :)
-Squish

EDIT: I probably should've shaved before taking the pics haha.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Small update, I repepped that left shoulder and have finished the centre stomach plate, started a right shoulder and a jorge helmet.
I'll try and do some pepping later today and maybe (hopefully) get some pics up later in the week.
Also, going to start the helmet as the next biuld soon.
-Squish

To me it looks like the shoulder could be tuned down a 1/5 to a 1/4 of its current size, but thats just my opinion...

To me it looks like the shoulder could be tuned down a 1/5 to a 1/4 of its current size, but thats just my opinion...
Yeh, the repepped version used the original scale of the shoulder and fit perfectly. It's a Hugh Holder file and the first shoulder (the one in the pic) was upscaled from it. 7hanks for the advice anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back