Star wars pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero

Jr Member
ive searched everywhere for a star wars clone trooper or stromtrooper helemet and star wars guns. I have found nothing i found some helemts but you had to open them in pepakura viewer and you cant scale them so if someone could help me out that be great.

Every model for stormtroopers and clones which looks good, it too high poly, lowering poly makes it look like junk then since the stormtrooper/clone is so rounded. Plus, even lowered, it's still WAY to high poly, so you end up having over 10,000 pepakura pieces.

Way to many curves on all of the armor and helmets. The weapons are also too small to do a good pep. This is very true for stormys there is not one flat surface on that entire helmet.

There is no way to make something that curved and detailed low poly without taking out the detail. Someone posted a pepakura stormtrooper helmet, it had the shape of the helmet, but no actual detail, plus, it was too angular, it didnt even actually look like a trooper helm.

AoBfrost said:
There is no way to make something that curved and detailed low poly without taking out the detail. Someone posted a pepakura stormtrooper helmet, it had the shape of the helmet, but no actual detail, plus, it was too angular, it didnt even actually look like a trooper helm.
I am not talking about low poly, I am talking about arranging the polygons differently so that the complex curves and details are still there, but there are not hundreds of pages to print.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about danni's MKVI helmet? He managed to make curved pieces without having a thousand minuscule fold lines. I know the trooper helmets are more bulbous and have more complex rounded shape, while the MKVI had simple curves, but it would be possible to adapt the same strategy?

I would suppose so, but even still, the point remains that the details on a trooper helmet are very, very small, and would take a long time to assemble correctly and neatly.

i resized and vectorized one of the "lego" models and thats as big as i could get it

DSCF0364.jpg

troopr2.jpg

without greeblies
troop.jpg

with greeblies
Storm Trooper Helmet Pepakura File

17 pages for the basic helmet. I didn't bother organizing the greeblies because I won't use them. I just needed a base to work from. There are a lot of tiny folds and cuts to be made around the eye holes and a few in other places, but resin and bondo covers mistakes well. I guessed on the scale. It should be about right although it is a lot of work to find out it is too small (or big).

I think for helmets, it's best to just buy them for 150-200 dollars, the body and such would be much easier to assemble with pepakura since it isnt as curved ad the helmets.

AoBfrost said:

Well not to say your wrong but look at

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-mak...costume-helmet/

That all

If you need paper pattern for the cone I have one.

http://www.westerfieldstudios.com/clonearmor.html

This is what I made.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back