Start Of My Steampunk Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

While i was looking for some gloves to use for fiberglassing my ODST helmet i happened across some old flight/motorbike goggles my dad used to use. According to him there from about 1940.

Anyway, I've been planning to put a Steampunk costume together for a while, but haven't had the time, coming across these was great!
The rest of the costume will be a shirt(probably black/light brown, or perhaps both!)), brown jacket (might be leather), some tan leather pants, a massive belt with some kind of cool looking buckle and some fingerless leather gloves. Ill post updates on it as i find stuff that fits to that description somewhat.

P1000976.jpg

P1000978.jpg

I actually have a belt buckle that would be pretty cool. It may not fit the theme very well, but its big, heavy, and has a very intricate design on it.

Want a pic?

colmon_9 said:
I have to say I still dont understand what steampunk is, but that stuff looks pretty cool.
This might help: Steampunk workshop
It's sort of Victorian era style, were everything is steam powered but technologically advanced. Steam powered planes, computers, motorbikes, etc...
Rise of nations: rise of legends had a race that was Steampunk, the Vinci. Even World of Warcraft has a few Steampunk aspects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply.

100_3653.jpg

It's solid brass, and apparently is a limited edition because 'First Edition' and 'NO. 810' are etched on the back.

It has nekkid mermaids...

Thats pretty cool, I'm thinking of scratch building a belt buckle with a brass back, some cogs and gears inside it with a perspex cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back