• legs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • feet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronGiant628

Hey Guys I plan on doing a full set of armor but I was thinking of working my way from bottom to top. Beacause I'm new to this I would figure start easy and do the small stuff first.

Be sure to read all the stickies, and read through a few pages of projects. It will really go along way to increasing your knowledge of what to do and how to do it.

That being said, the arm/legs are probably the easiest in my opinion. Helmet and chest is NOT something you want to have to rebuild many times over.

i started off doing the helmet which ran inot a boat load of problems(falling apart while being resined cecause it was glued together by stick, warping so i had to use a pencil to warp it back in place) so i would say the easiest thing there is, is the glove

I agree, when start resining & glassing, start with something small; gloves or boot pieces. I'm probably going to start glassing the small parts first because it's been a while since I've done any glassing. But I'm doing the papercraft on the helmet first, that way I ensure I have a good starting point.

If you have problems with technique, try downloading some of the primatives from the pepakura site (http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/), and practice on them.

If you have technical problems, post more questions
but read your products directions, each one has differences, and sometimes they address common problems.

Cha*man said:
I agree, when start resining & glassing, start with something small; gloves or boot pieces. I'm probably going to start glassing the small parts first because it's been a while since I've done any glassing. But I'm doing the papercraft on the helmet first, that way I ensure I have a good starting point.

If you have problems with technique, try downloading some of the primatives from the pepakura site (http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/), and practice on them.

If you have technical problems, post more questions
but read your products directions, each one has differences, and sometimes they address common problems.
I found no problems with my helmet... Especially if you follow the stickies...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damien said:
shoulders are good
I'd say helmet because if you don't go on to make the rest of the armor you can still have a helmet that you can wear or show off...

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how comfortable you are with the fiberglassing.
The helmet is a high priority, once complete (at least primed) it will give you incentive to finish the rest.

So my order is:
glove & lower boot parts (get a little refresher in)
Helmet (I have a lot of stuff I want to do to mine)
Chest & Back (& body suit)
Arms & Legs

If you want to start simple go with the boot so you know how it works hands on before you get to the stuff that screwing up means 40 hours for nothing. that's how i'm going to do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back