Starting Spartan Mk. V project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody!! sooo stoked to finally have this thing done!!!

@TNTUSA: Haha that's what I was going for!! thanks for noticing!! :D

@ almostanangel851: Thanks! I think I pepped the first piece in mid may after I scrapped my Mk VI project. My job keeps me away from home most of the time so basically i would put in a good 2 or 3 days at a time when im home per week soooo probably cumulative about 2 months if I wasn't traveling so freakin much. I'll keep an eye on your build too! :)

@ RoadKiller: You got a Mk V build too? I'll have to take a look at it! Mk V = WIN!!! :D

@Alix: Thanks man!!! Stoked that you like it!! You'll have to build a Mk V too and we will kick some butt! :D

@ Ventrue: Thanks! I saw the dim blue line on the picture i was using as a reference and figured I'd throw it in there aw a EL light and add some character to it. Glad you like it!

@ Shade88: MK V FTMFW!!!! :D

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Now back to work on the assault rifle. Ill put some pics up when thats done too :)

CHEERS EVERYONE!

So build aside, which is your favorite from the campaigns? Mk IV, V, (Halo CE, or Reach.) or VI?

Hey Matth. I would like to see some clearer photos of your Master Chief masterpiece. Can I haz? pleeze Post them here so we can all enjoy. Also I can composite your suit into some Nice Halo CE backgrounds. Thanks dude.

@ Shade: Well the only one Ive played all the way through is Halo CE haha!! Its the only one I actually own myself cause I dont have an XBox anymore and its on my computer. Need to get Halo 2 and finish the campaign or something and work my way through the entire series. Havent even had a chance to play Reach yet :(

@ RogueBlood: Thanks Man!! Hope you get the funds to finish your suit soon too!! Cant wait to see yours done also!!

@CJ: ...... XD lol

@Alix: Dude, that would be awesome if you did that!! I'll get some photos outside later today when the sun breaks. Those pics suck cause they were with my phone cause i couldnt find my camera :( But I'll post more on here.

@Mclen: Thanks man!! You doing a Mk V too?? I'll have to take a look at it!!

Well I just finished the basic painting of my Assault Rifle cast. Watcha think??
2010-10-01113027.jpg

Gonna look for ideas for an ammo counter/display that isnt too overkill, like what somebody mentioned about a screenshot of the display, printed and cut out then sandwiched between 2 plexiglass sheets, and lit up with a LED behind it..... may be worth a shot. Any suggestions??

613px-Chief-Marine.jpg

Theres a reference if you didn't already have one. Might experiment with different levels of frosting for the back Plexiglas plate and do the screen lines on the front one. (IE: Do a back of light blue frost cover up what you want to keep light blue and do a darker see through color over that) Maybe you wont even need two plates of Plexiglas.

Woohoo!!!! Triple rvb18 approved!!! XD.

Thanks for the pointers for the ammo counter guys. I'll see what I can come up with for next weeks session. Off to work for the week now :(

Alix, the sun never broke today so I will get some pics for ya next week! Sorry man :-/ stoked you wanna throw my suit in with some backgrounds! :D

Well I think I'm gonna order ThatDecades ammo counter kit. Thanks for that pointer McClain!!

Ok one more noobish thing of advice to ask. Adding a barrel and flashlight to the rifle :p
What's a good way to mount the flashlight and barrel on there since the body of the AR is hollow? I tried searching for something but didn't see anything helpful (or I just don't know how to search well....). Any pointers? Thinking of using a basic mini mag light with a twist top. Any suggestions on a barrel?? Thanks guys!!

Matt h

613px-Chief-Marine.jpg

Theres a reference if you didn't already have one. Might experiment with different levels of frosting for the back Plexiglas plate and do the screen lines on the front one. (IE: Do a back of light blue frost cover up what you want to keep light blue and do a darker see through color over that) Maybe you wont even need two plates of Plexiglas.
I've seen this used for the Millenium Falcon's engine. It's commonly called lightsheet but you get better search results with elctroluminescent light or EL light.
I think this

..will compliment that bueatiful weapon of war. Add some light weathering and she'll be ready for the ball.

Hell yeah man about time someone does the original Mark V! After my ODST helmet and my Noble 6 tribute, I'm going to make a Mark V helmet. I'm debating whether or not to tackle the HD build from Halo 3, but I've always loved the look of the original Mark V
Excellent job man!

I actually prefer the H3 version of the Mark V helmet, though what I saw on a cheatsheet of Reach's armor for their MK V is pretty awesome.

Aww yeah! Might even (in the future of course) take a crack at turning a H3 MK VI helmet into a H:Reach Mk VI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back