Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
DYSTORTED INC - thanks for the thumbs up. Im really finicky about details, why bother if its not accurate to the original right?

thats my opinion too. thats why my MKVI sculpt took so long, I wanted it to be perfect. And why I'm scratch building some pieces from a certain short film, for a certain release, at a certainly fast pace!

DYSTORTED INC said:
thats my opinion too. thats why my MKVI sculpt took so long, I wanted it to be perfect. And why I'm scratch building some pieces from a certain short film, for a certain release, at a certainly fast pace!

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy completion!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - So i finished my last few changes on the helmet and neck assembly. Tried to make things a little more uniform on both sides and make it match up more. And now for the next project. The upper torso. So far i will be using different shoulder bells to see how it fares. If i dont like the shoulders, i will go by my own files. Either way, the upper torso is the next build. Ill probably break it down piece by piece, and of course keep everyone updated as i go. However, this one might take me a while. Its a good many pages..but itll be accurate when its done.

20ktawk.jpg

65d5bp.jpg

If that is the resized neck, it looks much better in regards to size vs. the first one. After seeing the helmet, I can't wait to see the chest piece built. Keep it up starx!!

Looks amazing Starx! That torso should look awesome when its built. Unforutenately my fiance' has just sodded my printer, so I'm at a halt for now... Went and bought a new printer less than a month ago for pepping, and shes broken it... Hope when my printer is fixed that I can get some done on my Iron Man costume, although it won't be as accurate as yours, seeing as its my first build. Keep it up, your build is encouraging me to get a move on with mine!

KrovikanCorvinus said:
Looks amazing Starx! That torso should look awesome when its built. Unforutenately my fiance' has just sodded my printer, so I'm at a halt for now... Went and bought a new printer less than a month ago for pepping, and shes broken it... Hope when my printer is fixed that I can get some done on my Iron Man costume, although it won't be as accurate as yours, seeing as its my first build. Keep it up, your build is encouraging me to get a move on with mine!

No offense to your fiancée, I'm sure she's a lovely person. But, judging by your signature and the story, I don't think she should be allowed near any technology higher than a pencil...

Starx, what file are you using for your torso? Is it your own creation?

Man, that is looking really awesome! Don't think i can get my build as good as yours. But that won't stop me from tryin haa

SupermanExtreme1 - Its crazy, i know. I keep looking at my desk and see it sitting there and its out of this world compared to my first build. The first one was no where near as accurate as this one. Im going all the way out on this.

MKs81 - yes. that is the resized neck piece. I cant wait for the torso to be built either!

KrovikanCorvinus - sorry to hear about your printer. this is only my second build so im just as amazed as you are as to how detailed it is really coming together. Just keep your fiance out of the computer room..lol Or get her her own computer.

Farris - Yes, the torso is my own pepakura file. Pretty much the only things that aren't from my files is the head, maybe the shoulder bells, and maybe the shoes near the end (havent decided on those yet).

Mercurio - good luck with your build! Youll get better with more experience. Trust me. The more you do it the better the costume will get. I posted a picture below to show everyone what my first build of iron man looked like...I think this Mark 3 blows my old one out of the sky.

Vampyredh - thanks!! by the way ( not to deviate) im working on a gallery under my profile with reference pictures to the iron man mark 3 for everyone to help out with part placement and so on. It should be up soon.

Everyone - below is my first iron man mark 3 costume. I only had three months to make it, again, not trying to deviate from my own thread, just trying to give something to compare. (the picture is my first, the picture on my other page of me wearing my pieces would have been build number two but this build took priority :) ) Enjoy!

ixb7gw.jpg

(QUOTE)

No offense to your fiancée, I'm sure she's a lovely person. But, judging by your signature and the story, I don't think she should be allowed near any technology higher than a pencil...

I'm beginning to agree with you...

(QUOTE)

KrovikanCorvinus - sorry to hear about your printer. this is only my second build so im just as amazed as you are as to how detailed it is really coming together. Just keep your fiance out of the computer room..lol Or get her her own computer.

This IS her computer, but the printer is mine, lol.

Anyways, that first suit looks a lot like the one I'm working on right now. Belakor/callmemilo model?

Anyways, that first suit looks a lot like the one I'm working on right now. Belakor/callmemilo model?

[/quote]

That it was

Starx

With this much attention to detail you can't simply leave the resin process to the fate of gravity. You need to build a duct tape dummy and mount the armor to it. This way it represents your body and it will fit you like a glove. I am doing this for one of my current projects and it works great. You should give it a try, it only costs about $30 to make if your friends have some old pillows you can use. Keep up the good work.

8727_1215637517632_1429671891_61929.jpg

Bamabat said:
Starx

With this much attention to detail you can't simply leave the resin process to the fate of gravity. You need to build a duct tape dummy and mount the armor to it. This way it represents your body and it will fit you like a glove. I am doing this for one of my current projects and it works great. You should give it a try, it only costs about $30 to make if your friends have some old pillows you can use. Keep up the good work.

8727_1215637517632_1429671891_61929.jpg

that would definitely fit for what im looking for. if you could please pm me with directions or details as to this project!!

Starx

I also forgot to mention that by you sharing your files and others wanting them its how people show gratitude and honor to you. Just a thought but work this good should be shared.

Bamabat said:
Starx

I also forgot to mention that by you sharing your files and others wanting them its how people show gratitude and honor to you. Just a thought but work this good should be shared.

I realize sharing files would be a good thing..however, as for now i do not plan on releasing the files. Thats my own decision. Once the armor is done, i will be releasing files here and there. Also, to me, it shows more honor and gratitude by following along with progress and giving what you can for a team effort in making something come to realization.

Personally, i think files should only be shared if and when a project has been completed prior to the person owning those files. If someone puts a large amount of hard work into a project, i think they should have every right to complete their own work before giving it over to the masses. Otherwise it would take away the individuality of that project. Or at least thats what i think. So for now, ill be working on my project until its done. But dont worry. The files will be released. Once theyre tweaked, and ready. Until then please keep checking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back