Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE, This is very awesome. I read through all sixteen pages of this thread. It may interest you to know that I've been doing research on some technologies on an actual working IRON MAN suit. The most significant finding that i've come across is the power source. I'm still researching stuff... But I'm taking up a bit too much time there. If you want more info on that, PM me.

The real reason that I'm here is that, since I was hoping to build my own armor, I've looked throughout the internet and found hundreds of pep files (and yes, I've assembled them all) And none, AND I MEAN NOT A SINGLE ONE of them are made to the sheer quality to make them movie accurate. I just happened upon this thread today and saw the sheer magnitude that yours is. I am completely stunned by your work. I am looking forward to seeing the end.

Dungbeetle's helmet file is free now!!!! (the helmet starx is using)

I got it and he's releasing it for free now.

Just saying...

Hey Starx, I just wanted to give you a thumbs up and say, woot, why to model and pep, nice detail, etc.

Me and Shark noticed something the other day, so I just thought I should let you know that the 'screws' on the helmet and chest aren't screws, if you look really, really, really close, you can see that they don't go all the way out to the side, they aren't actually screws.

Beautiful work Starx! Been watching this for a while. My 13 yr old son is crazy for an Iron Man suit! Waiting in anticipation for your fantastic files! Free or otherwise! Keep up the great work!

SupermanExtreme1 said:
I know exactly where you're at with it hehe

Yeah. You have to connect the top and bottom together using your imagination. Its easy. Just look closely at the image and use common sense where you need to glue together. Gooduck.

huh? i dont get what your saying.

what i mean is like there's no flaps to connect the back parts. How are you gonna fix that when you resin it?

Last edited by a moderator:
SupermanExtreme1 said:
That's what I'm referring to. I'm at work. Ill take some pics explaining later. Sorry hard to explain from here

Ohhhhh ok. I thought you were being sarcastic.

ok thanks

coolguy26 said:
huh? i dont get what your saying.

what i mean is like there's no flaps to connect the back parts. How are you gonna fix that when you resin it?

this is weird, I just pulled up this thread to ask the very ask the very same question. And to check for updates

SupermanExtreme1 said:
Just take scrap card stock and make your own tabs and connect the parts you need connected. It's Easy. Be creative.

You can just resin the helmet on the inside then once you use the fiberglass mat everything should be fine in regards to holding that connection you made.

hope that helps

ok then thanks.

is that torso the same file as starx? it looks good

SupermanExtreme1 said:
here's an update on the Torso, its 75% done,

just thought I take a pic with some new and old parts to get a feel of the look of it.

The whole arm will probably be redone with the Starx Files but not sure yet I sorta like how the bicep and forearm link up

also the scale. I'll just do the shoulder bell for now and see how it ties in together.

DSC03969.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

Looking great so far, can't wait to see it when the bondo work gets underway :D

the arm looks a little big for the torso(and it may only look this way because the arm has more done to it) but it looks awesome regardless. I can't wait to get my hands on those files.

I'm using regular card stock paper that I found in the scrap booking section of the craft store. Is there like a "BEST" paper that everyone has had good luck with for pepakura?

M3MPHIS said:
I'm using regular card stock paper that I found in the scrap booking section of the craft store. Is there like a "BEST" paper that everyone has had good luck with for pepakura?

I use 300gsm card stock, I've used thinner and thicker and I find this to be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back