Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starx said:
thanx for the input. I'd like to think I can put up with a fair amount of heat, an hopefully a fan in the helmet could combat the heat of the neck if I went this course.

This reminds me of a post I read on the rpf that convinced me NOT to do Batman...

EchoSix said:
Re: Post your batman suits

The best way to deal with the sweat, is a little trick that a good friend gave me, a couple years ago... Panty liners.

You just stick a few around the inside of the cowl, using their own adhesive backing, it REALLY helps absorb a good amount of sweat, so that it doesn't drip out and all down your chest. You can even stick a couple in the front neck area, if your specific cowl has the room. But usually you have to do that after the cowl is on.

It sounds silly, but it works.

And nothing prevents you from sweating. You don't really get hot, unless you're wearing a wetsuit or something like it, but a few guys do anyway. But a big rubber membrane wrapped around your head, preventing the evaporation of sweat that comes out of your head normally, is just going to collect inside the cowl and drip down. Yuck, huh? But there's no way around it.

Not trying to deter you from your Iron Man, of course. Just thought it was funny. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question for the starx team. I'm working on the forearm piece and I think I've scaled it correctly. The problem is that while it fits nicely on my forearm, my hand continues to get suck on the opening near the wrist. I'm using dungbeetles file. Should I cut the opening down a seam or two and use scrap cardstock to space it out a bit more near that end, or put up with the pain of my hand getting sqeezed everytime I try to put it on? I have a feeling that this problem will get worse after I resine and harden the outside and inside. What do you guys think?

Oh and wonderful builds by the way. Starx already knows that hes the reason I've begun my own build. You are both doing a fantastic job.

As Superman said, use card stock to build up the narrower wrist section. I wouldn't build up the part near the elbow at it's quite big, use a V shaped piece.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
I don't think you need a fan when you can just flick a switch and have the faceplate open up

coming soon ;)

oh yeah. i forgot about our little talk about that. Still, it would be nice for some ventilation while the faceplate is on...

flash13271 said:
Quick question for the starx team. I'm working on the forearm piece and I think I've scaled it correctly. The problem is that while it fits nicely on my forearm, my hand continues to get suck on the opening near the wrist. I'm using dungbeetles file. Should I cut the opening down a seam or two and use scrap cardstock to space it out a bit more near that end, or put up with the pain of my hand getting sqeezed everytime I try to put it on? I have a feeling that this problem will get worse after I resine and harden the outside and inside. What do you guys think?

Oh and wonderful builds by the way. Starx already knows that hes the reason I've begun my own build. You are both doing a fantastic job.

Im very glad my build helped inspire yours! Tear..sniffle... lol

but as far as the arms, i would go the same route as superman suggested. I have big hands, so it would seem the best idea to use the cardstock in that way.

Hi starx, I think a place that you might find helpful (well on the elctronic side of your armor) is here...

www.goldmine-elec.com

Its probably the best place you can find the electronics you need...

They have everything from soddering irons to Negitive ion generators...

Enjoy!

HARR18 - definitely a good find. Thank you for that post. It will definitely be useful as i try to tackle the icing problem...lol.. seriously though. great site and thank you for posting.

youve inspired me to make another ironman costume mainly because the last one was a fail but when I saw your work I wanted to make it the best mine could be this was my last one

12382 said:
youve inspired me to make another ironman costume mainly because the last one was a fail but when I saw your work I wanted to make it the best mine could be this was my last one

I'm pretty sure you got that arc reactor form my tutorial on Instructables. The guy who posted it was something like iwillspy, right? That's me.

were do you get that foam at, hobby lobby? if some one could post a link that would be great, that foam looks like a good start on a markV inner leg plate

Another iron man poster just got realeased
Iron-Man-2_pst2_720.jpg
Coooll

SupermanExtreme1 said:
Hey I just got in dropping off my gf at home. not really sleepy so I'm actually prepping the torso for molding right now,

It's gonna be a few days on my end but it'll be worth it

I'll have a prototype to work on after that's done so that I can detail and mold a final version.

Awesome to hear! I've been lurking this thread for a while now and I can't wait to see some more progress pics.

Just for future reference, how tall are you?

SupermanExtreme1 said:
I'm a 5'7 short italian man :)

I think Starx himself is 6' even

When I wear the suit I'll be around 5'8 or 5'9, the legs will be scaled for that height because it will depend on the shoes I wear to give me a little lift. I have good proportions for my height so I hope I look pretty good in pics or vids.

My suit will have a range of 5'4 to 5'9 on a slim build for the wearer with very slight mods to the suit

Ahh okay so scaling the legs would be the most ideal. I'm a 5'11" slender build so hopefully your suit would have some leeway (if you and Starx decide to release)

SupermanExtreme1 said:
at 5"11

you'd probably be better off with Starx's suit parts in the end he he molds his stuff.

I wouldn't want to sell anyone something they'd have to slaughter to get it to look decent.

my suit would fit someone in theory if they were slim but it would leave huge gaps with the parts like the bicep and forearm

thigh and shin if they surpassed the height range. You get the idea

You're so close to me though, being in Canada hahaha.

I was referring more to pepping - I didn't know you guys were planning on molding and selling.

It would save a lot of heartache and xacto blades, but whatever you plan I support you guys. I'm working on dung's helmet right now to get some practice behind my belt :rolleyes It's so tedious

Lookin good superman. Wish i could say im at that point as well but its still cutting and gluing pieces together for me. That and work is KILLING me right now (were working six day weeks 8am to 10pm - yes kitchen jobs suck during the holidays). But ill hopefully still be able to meet my deadline of having the entire thing pepped by the end of december.

Sorry to hijack this thread for a bit but a feel its relevant cause we're all iron man fans. Entertainment tonight is going to be showing either exclusive clips or the first trailer for Iron man 2 tonight. im not sure which.
. By he way SupermanExtreme1 that chest and back looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back