Steampunk Monocles And Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
So my girlfriend and I have been getting ready for a steampunk dance at a con in Houston coming up here pretty soon and even though our costumes aren't completely done I thought I'd share where we're at right now.

Both of us wanted a steampunk monacle (right for me left for her). So I built a couple. Both have powered gears and hers being made second and more advanced has a powered rotating lens and a flip-up secondary lens. I like to think of mine as the clunkier prototype. All of it minus the battery cases were made from scratch parts I already had laying around.

Hope you guys like, comments and crits welcome as well as any ideas to add additional things to our costumes.

Mark One

IMG_2505.jpg

Mark Two

IMG_2502.jpg

Side by side

IMG_2507.jpg

Me

IMG_2522.jpg

My lovely Lady

IMG_2470.jpg

And better shots of the Mk I and Mk II with the better model.

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

I just got a nice old suede waistcoat and I'm looking around for a cheap bowler or top hat. My girlfriend has a nice fog jacket to go with hers.

We also have a bunch of old-school hermetically seal-able glass beakers and tubes to get the mad scientists vibe going.

Oh and I have my regular brass and steel almost steampunk Armitron wristwatch and she has a true steampunk pocketwatch to go with hers.

Thanks for the compliments.

Thought I'd share the finished costume or as finished as it's going to be by next weekend. Crazy scientist with a bad eye and a bad knee out for a day on the town.

IMG_2593bw.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back