Step-by-step Guide For Folding A Pepakura Helmet Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralAckbar

Hello forum members! I'm new here. I've read a lot about everything there is to know about creating your own armour. Unfortunately I stumbled in the folding part. I saw a couple of guides and a video that show how to do mountain and valley folds etc. It would be really great if somebody could create a topic that basically show how to fold the Pepakura Helmet (from printing the sheets until finishing folding). I believe that this will absolutely help noobs like me to figure out what to do.
Thank you very much for your attention.
AMAZING SITE!!
Michael Domnin

I believe they are called stickies. read them...

in the creation discussion forums, the pepakura armor section.

seriously, READ THEM!

Shaymin Sky said:
I believe they are called stickies. read them...

in the creation discussion forums, the pepakura armor section.

seriously, READ THEM!

I actually did I've been reading them for a long time now I wouldn't post this unless I haven't done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, now, just because someone has a question doesn't mean they haven't read the stickies.

Michael, what part are you having trouble with? I assume it's not cutting, so it's either scoring or gluing.

if you have read all the tutorials and still cant figure it out you arent going to succeed in making armor... if you cant figure out the most basic steps on folding paper, then the difficulties of mixing hardner and resin together is going to destroy your mind.

there is no perfect set way to pep... everyone has there own way they like to do it. some like to cut all the pieces out at once, some like to cut as they go... some use hot glue, some use super glue... some listen to music as they pep, some watch tv... all the main info you need is available, you do have to figure somethings out for yourself.

and if there was a certain question you had, you should direct it to a QA member... not make a thread.

I beleive this will help you.

Download your pep file here

Then scale it using this or when you have office 2007 this excel table on the pep designer.

print it on the hardest cardstock your printer can handle. Cut it out, fold.

It doesn't matter which way you glue, With MC I would remommend starting at the chin, though.

The is the last time the 405th will spoonfeed you. You don't have to start a thread on the pipi questions.

If you have a REALLY hard and detailed question, and have browsed weeks, there's also a 405th Q&A Team

Negative replies deleted. I'm really tired of seeing all this 'read the stickies" and 'If you don't know how to do this you'll never make armor' talk around here.

I don't care who you are at this site, one day you had questions and you asked them. People helped you.

Now return the favor.

Welcome the the 405th Michael. Believe it or not we do like to help new people around the site. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Amazing thanks so much Chip475 and SeanBradley this really helps I'm actually having a hard time cutting and folding and gluing etc. but now I'm actually getting some stuff going.

I use a big utility knife to cut out my parts instead of an xacto blade. It helps me to get a better feeling for what's actually happening to the paper and I've found that the easiest way to score is by using one of these. All you have to do is make sure that the tip of the blade is super sharp and just drag it across the top for a mountain fold, and the underside for a valley fold. if the blade is real sharp you don't even have to put pressure on it when you go to score, you just have to make sure that you keep it on the line. The weight of the tool will do the cutting for you.

About the scoring, I personally just score the top, then fold valley or mountain fold. I never seem to get my self to score the bottom for other folds. Guess I'm just lazy. If you have a light table however, scoring the bottom would be a snap.

Confucious T said:
About the scoring, I personally just score the top, then fold valley or mountain fold. I never seem to get my self to score the bottom for other folds. Guess I'm just lazy. If you have a light table however, scoring the bottom would be a snap.

Agreed just finished folding some pieces very good strategy thanks very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back