Steveo's first EVER hand's on project, and its the HD Mark VI Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on the forearm last night. Here's some pictures. My hand fits through the front opening PERFECTLY...without the front piece. :( It will definately go on, I was just showing that I can fit without messing it up. Later on I will mess with the opening so I can fit through it without messing it up.
SAM_0859.jpg

Here's some more pictures.
SAM_0855.jpg

SAM_0856.jpg

SAM_0857.jpg

How is the rear opening? Is it too large? I like this forearm piece.

I only had about 90 minutes to work on this, so I only got the top of the shoulder piece done. I think its the right size too!
SAM_0863.jpg

SAM_0862.jpg

SAM_0861.jpg

The size looks about right the hole on the end of the forearm will look large no matter what you do, but once all the armor is on it will all blend in and look proportional, just make sure you can move your arm up and dowm with the shoulder piece on without the two pieces stoping each other from the up down motion or putting on your helmet will be a pain, this is a problem I deal with on my Hayabusa suit, so I decided before I wear that suit to a conl, Im making new forearms that are about an inch shorter, also I would put all the pieces on the end of the forearm where you hand goes thru and once its hardened then cut that area out, it will help keep the part from warping during the hardening process

"also I would put all the pieces on the end of the forearm where you hand goes thru and once its hardened then cut that area out, it will help keep the part from warping during the hardening process"

Very good advice, I will also add this to it. When you add the small lips/rims it will hold the resin in better when you're moving it around when you are hardening it. As opposed to just running/dripping out the other end. I hope this helps you. You're builds looking good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back