sticky tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, tape doesn't stand up to the resining process. From what I've read it just sorta melts off.

i am so frustrated with my pepakura assault rifle, i was wondering if i could use sticky tape on the outside of the pep

I've had a bit of success with sticky tape. Usually I just resin one side (if both sides taped, or resin the side without tape first) let that dry, then resin the other, tape seems to hold Ok if you don't the entire thing through. Haven't had any collapse on me yet. Not as tight as Hot glue though, so at the moment I'm using acombo on both on my current pieces. Prefer the hot glue, even if it is slower and seems a bit more expensive, (which I'm not sure of).

i am so frustrated with my pepakura assault rifle, i was wondering if i could use sticky tape on the outside of the pep
I use tape with great success. Search for my thread, "Progress Build:...." on my Iron Man stuff. I have zero issues using tape, but I do use epoxy rather than conventional poly resin. I've posted before on here, there are many benefits to going with tape.

* Tape is much easier to work with
* cutting out the pieces is much faster (just cut the tabs clean off)
* no scoring of tabs needed (no tabs!!)
* the pep'ed model come out cleaner/tighter
* it's twice as fast to construct a pep model (from my experience)

the only drawback to using tape are that you will not be able to use poly resin (no big deal) and that the pep model is not QUITE as strong when completed than if glued. but that's ok, because you are planning on hardening it up with something (epoxy) afterwards anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back