Stonewall's Finished Iron Man Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically its a hinge that's glued/bondoed onto the back of the main part of the helm. I had to cut a small bit out of the helm to make the hinge swing outward. Then I glued/bondoed the ear piece on to the other side of the hinge. I also glued some metal strips and some neodymium 7lb magnets to the jaw to hold the whole thing in to not let it swing out.

It takes some playing with, but it works. Because of the shape of the helmet, the ear-rotation thing just wasn't going to work. If someone can get it to work, I'd love to use it on my next MK VI helmet.

Hope that clears it up :)

---Stonewall

This is the final update until further notice, as RL needs to become top priority now. :)

Ladies and gentleman, I give you IRON MAN!

DSC_0042.jpg

IMGP1278.jpg

IronMansky1.jpg

BTW, the RT and the eyes are all photoshopped, as the EL sheets don't show up that well outside. They do, however make a nice light blue light inside.

After these pictures were taken, I did some minor touch ups, including adjusting the stomach plate so there would be absolutely NO spandex showing. Hopefully I'll have some better pics up after my gig. :)

I got permission from my local theater to wear it and promote the movie. :D

Note to you Iron Man costumers, if you find out how to possibly sit down in this thing, let me know.

It takes me about 20 min to half an hour to put on, but doesn't feel to bad. However, I need another person to help me suit up... maybe I should dress him in a yellow robot looking suit like in the movie... :p

BIG THANKS to everyone here on the 405th for the inspiration, support, and help you all have given me.

Thank you all,

---Stonewall

OMG! that is so amazing!!! It looks so terrific, and i'm gonna even say it looks real!!! You did such a great job! excellent work on everything!!!!

Thanks for the support guys :)

I have a gig at my little bro's school, so it might wow some sixth-graders...

Then I promote IM2 at my local theater, so hopefully I'll have some better pics up of me in action.

---Stonewall

P.S. I may have some pics with Darth Vader soon... ;)

Oh Gosh, that looks great! I saw Iron Man 2 today and then instantly went on the 405th and looked up other people's builds including yours and now I'm just inspired to make a suit myself. :p

Again, GREAT job. That's really cool you got to promote the movie at your theater. XD

Omg man I'm so happy for you!!!! You have no idea. I'm on my phone looking at this with my gf and I'm going nuts! Congrats! You are iron man!

Thanks Leda and STEALTH!

Hope your suits go smoothly :)

Well, I WOULD have pictures, but I still need one of my VERY talented friend photographers to burn me a CD of all the pics. The gig at the theater was amazing, and I had hundreds of pictures taken of me. It also helped that I was standing in front of a massive Iron Man + War Machine poster (Like the one in Ithica's thread). I don't think I could legally get paid or anything, but I might just want that poster thing. (if it will fit in my house)

Anyway, taking pics with people was AWESOME! Seriously, if any of you haven't gone out in public with your suits, DO IT. It's an amazing feeling to see the looks on people's faces.

Again, I give all credit for inspiration to this forum. Thanks guys!

I hope to have pictures up soon, so stay tuned!

---Stonewall

This looks amazing! I can only imagine how much those folks at the theater flipped out about your suit. Looks like a lot of hardwork that certainly paid off.

Hale said:
This looks amazing! I can only imagine how much those folks at the theater flipped out about your suit. Looks like a lot of hardwork that certainly paid off.

Actually the management people decided to be a bunch of rahtards (Hangover reference) and decided not to say anything to me. :(

---Stonewall

Last edited by a moderator:
Stonewall said:
Anyway, taking pics with people was AWESOME! Seriously, if any of you haven't gone out in public with your suits, DO IT. It's an amazing feeling to see the looks on people's faces.

I bet little kids are just like "WHOA!!!!!!!" XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back