Superman : The Man of Steel movie discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello all!

As some may know , there is a new Superman movie in development . After Superman Returns (2006) , it cant get much worse for a hardcore Superman fan.....WRONG!

Take a look at the costume from the new movie -

TheManofSteel.jpg

PLEASE discuss

-Jacob

I am not a big fan at all. Unfortunately, I don't like it. I understand the reason of getting rid of the red underwear, but putting stripes actually making it worse. It is like putting vinyl stripes on a Lamborghini.

Im more of a Marvel fan. I dont like Superman at all. But from my understanding They started to change his costume at the end of last year.

291755_10150317527239441_511249440_7649284_5287410_n.jpg

305369_10150317527264441_511249440_7649285_2522701_n.jpg

313381_10150317527279441_511249440_7649286_6662470_n.jpg

313839_10150317527399441_511249440_7649287_3161854_n.jpg

299263_10150317527434441_511249440_7649288_612504_n.jpg

293379_10150317527444441_511249440_7649289_5361062_n.jpg

Maybe he just now learned that on earth you wear your undies under the tights. I think the movie costume looks great. It just seems like there keeping up with the comics

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dont like the new approach to the costume. I think they need to stay true to the original. I mean, if its not broke , why fix it?

Zack Snyder is doing the movie. So it's going to be good, and accurate.

That being said, there is nothing that anyone can do to make Superman's costume NOT look cheesy.

It's not the son of Peter. It's a Reboot, because the first 3 screwed up the story for the Avengers.

It is a reboot but has nothing to do with the Avengers movie. Avengers is being made directly from Marvel studios and production and distrobution by other companies. Marvel sold the movie rights to Spiderman to Sony Studios and they make the Spiderman movies as a different universe than the "Avenger" character movies.

I don't care for the Super racing stripes. Keep Supes simple.

It is a reboot but has nothing to do with the Avengers movie. Avengers is being made directly from Marvel studios and production and distrobution by other companies. Marvel sold the movie rights to Spiderman to Sony Studios and they make the Spiderman movies as a different universe than the "Avenger" character movies.

I don't care for the Super racing stripes. Keep Supes simple.
Ahh, I figured it was because of avengers, since the movies killed off Osbourne, who is a pretty important character in the Avengers.

I do know it's the Amazing spider man, and I did see the web slinger in the trailer.

Along with some VERY subtle.."samplings" from Mirror's Edge.

Is it just me or do all the strips point at his junk? THey have been trying to update the look of all the characters to go with the changing times, make them look a little more realistic and less like spandex.

Is it just me or do all the strips point at his junk? THey have been trying to update the look of all the characters to go with the changing times, make them look a little more realistic and less like spandex.

So True.

I think whats made all of these comic book movies popular is that they ARE believable . For example -

The Dark Knight
The X-men series
Captain America
Iron Man

All of these movies had a realistic take on the hero , but that didn't affect the overall movie. Captain America's costume in the film is based off of the "Ultimate Avengers" series , which makes the costume more believable . This new Superman Costume would NOT pass in the real world. I think what makes a good ,believable costume , while still making it look like the character, is crossing it over too the real world.

So True.

I think whats made all of these comic book movies popular is that they ARE believable . For example -

The Dark Knight
The X-men series
Captain America
Iron Man

All of these movies had a realistic take on the hero , but that didn't affect the overall movie. Captain America's costume in the film is based off of the "Ultimate Avengers" series , which makes the costume more believable . This new Superman Costume would NOT pass in the real world. I think what makes a good ,believable costume , while still making it look like the character, is crossing it over too the real world.
Superman's original doesn't pass too well in the real world either.

It's pretty much impossible to make him not look silly.

THe superman returns suit was a great suit and still kept the original colour scheme. But one thing to remember Batman, cap and all those you listed are just mortal men. Sups is a hole different ball game, he can get away with wearing spandex because he does not need all the protection the others do.

I'm not into comics and not even superman for that matter (Batman is pretty good though) and i really hate this, i mean iv seen the movies and this is just, odd looking. Wasn't the legend being that his suit was made from the cloth in the pod he crashed in and it was his foster mom that stitched it? Looks like she's heavy into Sci-Fi than lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back