SV's Guide to Proper Line Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
Let me guess. You've printed out your model on the finest paper there is. Researched, scaled, unfolded, and you're ready to begin to assemble. But you can't seem to figure out why everything goes wrong? Trust me, I've been there. Hopeful and hyped that the project will end up flawless, but instead turns into heap of garbage. Precious paper wasted.

After wondering what I have done wrong, I came down to the fact that it is all about precision. Those small details that decide wether or not that helmet or that chest will turn out good or bad. I've devised a schematic showing exactly what I mean, and hopefully what you could learn from it.

Good hunting! Err, I mean, good peping!

Protip: If the number is a round number (0, 3, 6, 8 or 9), use those. Easier to align right rather than 1's and 7's. For example, 88 is easier to align than 77, and 286 is easier than 217. If all else fails, use an average, or start with a number that's easy and get that one right first. Everything else will follow correctly. If there is one hard number to align, try to use the the lines in your favor. If it looks right, then it probably is.

Linealignment.png

Examples of proper line alignment:
IMG075.jpg

IMG076.jpg

IMG077.jpg

This is a great tut, thanks for posting it, I showed a friend and it helped him a lot. Saved me a lot of explaining hehe

good tutorial, it will really help me on my next pep, coz i now know what I did wrong when it aligned really badly in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back