Syphon's Prom Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Suit, I had that same Idea with the speakers, but the speakers I were using broke before I finished the chest piece. Hope it works better for you. Great Job, I can't wait to see the finished project!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys :D i think the biggest thing that helped me go so fast is that i pepped the entire suit first, so now its just an assembly line production: resin the whole suit, glass the whole suit, bondo what ya need to, then paint the whole suit.

i also got my gold visor in for the helmet today, along with my 50 count of 5mm green LEDs im gonna use for the lights on the armor

hope to have bondo pics up by tomorrow

UPDATE!

Well, i didnt get as much done today as what i had hoped, but i did get all the kinks figured out on how im going to get into and out of my armor, the answer...lots and lots of industrial velcro :lol: i also took a couple pics of me wearing my helmet, chest piece, and cod piece, i think the cod piece needs to come up higher on my waist tho, i have too big of a gap where my stomach is showing

anyway, the PICS!

Me wearing the armor, yes, i realize white was probably not the best color to wear lol
IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2391.jpg
IMG_2390.jpg

Pics of the speakers and how they fit into the chest piece, the cool thing is that when they are installed, i cant even tell they are there.
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2397.jpg

finally, my rigged up attachment system that worked surprisingly well
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg

hope ya enjoy the update, if ya have any feedback lemme kno

IMG_2393.jpg

Brothers Darkness said:
Awesome Syphon! I love the way you rigged up the sound system!

See, your music makes the kitties dance.
lol thanks bro

i got a quick update today, i managed to get a layer of bondo on all the pieces, and i was sanding them till my palm sander crapped out on me :mad: , ill have to fix it tomorrow

anyway, here are some bondo pics, the grey areas are the spots i bondoed and then primer-ed over to see where i needed more bondo

Biceps
IMG_2428.jpg

Shins
IMG_2428.jpg
IMG_2430.jpg

Helmet
IMG_2431.jpg
IMG_2432.jpg
IMG_2433.jpg
IMG_2433.jpg
IMG_2435.jpg

Chest Piece
IMG_2436.jpg
IMG_2437.jpg

Fore Arms
IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2439.jpg

due to the time i have left, i might have to improvise somethings, the amount of bondo i need for the smoothing process wasnt really expected the more i fix, the more i find to fix :lol: im thinking about keeping the one coat of bondo on the armor, then using the imperfections in the bondo as battle damage, i think a lil silver metallic paint will make it believable. im also lucky in that, im pretty sure im the only one that pays very much attention to the detail on master chief, so as long as the armor doesnt look extremely screwed up i should be fine

hope you guys like the pics

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice man....i totally should have done that but my mom has banned my from armor making till i graduate so i get my school finished.

Lol dont sweat it jango, parents will come to their senses eventually, course, mine is bugging me cause she wants me to stay valedictorian...anyone have any good ideas for a speech? lol

quick update! whoo! i finished the bondo stage on my helmet, biceps, chest piece, both shins, space diaper( lolz) and right forearm, unfortunately my palm sander crapped out on me for the 2nd time so i had to start hand sanding, my dad put in some wrench time and got it up and going again, so i should have the other piece done tomorrow.

PICS!

IMG_2441.jpg
IMG_2442.jpg
IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_2444.jpg

all this should be ready for painting on Thursday, i plan on being a true senior ( (y) ) and "take a day off of" school thursday for the painting and buying the rest of the stuff i need for the padding and other minor parts since i only have 4 days and still a ways to go

Nice suit! How did your prom date feel when you told her you were going to wear armor and what is she gonna wear? Are you two going to try and at least match alittle?

FRESH UPDATES! i got all my sanding done for my entire suit, and i added the first layer of paint to the entire thing, woulda added more but i ran outa paint and had to go to walmart for refills

i know everyone wants to see the pics, here ya go, i did some minor test fitting, figuring out where i need to trim and such, its kinda hard to bend over or make any extreme movements, but ill fix that tomorrow

PICS!

HUGZ?!?!
IMG_2450.jpg

What Steroids?
IMG_2451.jpg

Look! Its The Covenant!!
IMG_2452.jpg

Reporting for Duty!
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg

Everything has one coat of paint on it, which is tan-ish or a sandy brown, some have a matte krylon camo green second layer on them, tomorrow i will finish the second layer and add the black layer, then the battle damage, and more pics! ( :lol: )

i also (obviously) need to do some adjusting on the lower section of the suit, need to add in braces and such to keep it in place

Hope ya like the update

Dude!!!! way to go... I never thought this would get done, you rock!.
I mean this has gone so fast it is nice to see the progress with this much speed. Looking good too.

roguewarrior2001 said:
Dude!!!! way to go... I never thought this would get done, you rock!.
I mean this has gone so fast it is nice to see the progress with this much speed. Looking good too.

Thanks!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that im the one in those pics lol

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha don't worry.
Just work out the warps get your primer done and ou are off to base color and weathering. On a side note you may want to get all your base done first then weather. It will be more consistant. Ithica has a great video tut on the weathering. It is really easy..

This gives me ideas.... but my prom is saturday, think its possible to start and finish a suit in 2 days? (j/k :p, hmmm, or my SB helmet will arrive in time, that would be epic)

Damn that's pretty slick. This is so freakin epic, words can't fully express it! EVER.
Can't wait to see those pics.

The question is do you have some dance moves to go with that suit?

Great job! make sure to get some pics of you at prom and post those too!

Hey guys! got some good news, im almost finished with everything :D i put my head down and managed to power thru most of the painting and circuitry, only problem is that i fried the switch i had to turn on my fan, and the 2 LEDs for the left side of my helmet :mad: , so i get to pay a visit to Radio Shack tomorrow to pick them up

i didnt get any pics of me in the armor this time since i was kinda rushed. as it stand i am waiting for my boots to finish drying so i can put them all together, and i gotta wait till tomorrow so i can rig up a harness that attaches to my space diaper to hold the thigh and calf pieces in place, i also need to add padding to everything, but i think i will have it done by tomorrow at 6 PM, which is the time prom starts, course...i dont have to show up at 6 :cool:

anyway, i know everyone wants to see dem juicy pics...so here they are!

First up is the back of my chest piece
IMG_2470.jpg

then the back with my LED lights turned on
IMG_2471.jpg

Front of chest piece
IMG_2474.jpg

Thighs
IMG_2472.jpg

Shins
IMG_2475.jpg

Biceps and Forearms
IMG_2473.jpg
IMG_2476.jpg

Helmet with Right light off then on
IMG_2480.jpg
IMG_2481.jpg

What the LEDs look like in the dark when turned on
IMG_2479.jpg

And finally the LED setup itself, here is one i made that didnt go in anything, just to show how i made it
IMG_2482.jpg
off
IMG_2484.jpg
on

What the LED lights consist of are A) a 5mm Green LED :cool: About 1 inch of a small glue stick C) 9V battery plug

to make them, you:
1) use your glue gun to melt a hole in the end of the glue stick your going to use
2) you insert the LED and let the cooling glue on the glue stick seal it in place
3)wire a resistor and your 9V battery plug onto the positive and negative ends on the LED
4) solder the connections to make sure they dont come apart
5) enjoy your new LED light

i will prolly make a detailed tut on this process if there is enough interest, or if the above steps aren't clear enough ( im bad at verbal explanations lol)

hope you guys like the update

P.S> i will definitely have pics from prom, possibly a video to (y)

Do you even sleep?! :eek:

Seriously man, that is so damn amazing! And to think you did this all in a short amount of time just makes it that much more astounding! You did a perfect job with the painting, it looks great, and your helmet is made of concentrated WIN. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back