Tahu fire sword build / Tahu cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahu505

Member DIN
S505
Yes I'm finally living up to my name haha. So over a year ago at this point I made Toa Tahu's kanohi hau and a model of his fire sword a few months after. In a month im going to a convention so im going to try building the sword and putting everything together into a somewhat casual costume.

Alright well all of the sword parts are already printed, so that takes care of one time consuming task! I printed out most of the parts at my college apartment then the rest at home during a school break. Now that I'm back at college the parts can be united!
20210804_095033.jpg

I'm very curious about how you'll do the rest of the costume - do you plan to print sections that look like lego parts, or do you think it'll be more interpretive to look like a more humanoid character?

I'm very curious about how you'll do the rest of the costume - do you plan to print sections that look like lego parts, or do you think it'll be more interpretive to look like a more humanoid character?
So the rest of the costume beside the sword and mask is where the casual part comes in. For that it will be more interperative to be a beach/tropical vibe since in the Bionicle story they live on islands for the most part and there was a lot of pacific island inspiration for the designs

Got the clothes together for the rest of my costume! Red tank top from Amazon and orange swimsuit that I've just had. I also have a lei, that I'm still debating on using, that I got as a souvenir at the hotel I stayed at years ago when I had my bar mitzvah in Hawaii. I felt the lei could add a little extra to the costume while paying tribute to the pacific island influences for the Lego theme. That said im also not sure if people would have issues with me using the lei as part of a costume despite my well intent. Either way I'm curious what you guys think, even if the reason for using or not using the lei is just based on fashion.
20210827_145703.jpg

20210827_145742.jpg

Eey, I got a couple of leis like that from my time in Hawaii too! I think you should wear it - why would they hand it out to you if they didn't want you to wear it? Plus I think it adds a lot to the cosplay.

Eey, I got a couple of leis like that from my time in Hawaii too! I think you should wear it - why would they hand it out to you if they didn't want you to wear it? Plus I think it adds a lot to the cosplay.
So I did end up also asking someone I know who lived in Hawaii a bit and they said the people they know there would probably be happy about it, so im probably going to wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back