Talk About Your Pet at Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingfreak

I have noticed that there’s no thread in here that talks about pets at home so I decided to create one in hope of hearing great stories about your favorite companion. Let me start by telling mine. I own two beautiful Maltese at home their names are Silver and Copper. These two dogs have different personalities, Silver is outgoing and she loves people while Copper is a bit aloof. I love bringing them along for a ride and I usually put in a hammock looking dog car seat cover on my vehicle interior to keep it clean from their fur. I consider them as my best travel buddies as they are well-behaved along our journey.

All right, I'll bite. I have a lizard named Rusty. He's a blue tongued skink. He loves to come out and explore for a bit and then find the warmest, darkest, cosiest place in the room, curl up and fall asleep. Failing that, he'll come over and expect me to let him climb up onto me and stretch himself out across my shoulders... Then fall asleep xD

I have a cat right now. Her name is Boo. She's really fat, and she'll probably be in my videos because she likes standing on anything wet and ruining it.

I'm also waiting to bring my baby hedgehog home, named Ouijia. She'll be a reverse pinto, female. Very dark eyes.

I have a rabbit (not the one in the avatar) but a little similar. Soft, cuddly, and much easier to take care of than a cat or dog. She hops over to me when i come home sometimes :)

So I know this post is a bit old but I feel like it would be nice to keep it going.
So I have 19 pets total 3 cats 1 dog 2 goats 1 duck 6 chickens and 6 fish. My cats love to walk over or sit on whatever I am working on. I have to go to a separate room to work on potentially dangerous to animal projects. Such as hardening pep. The most annoying thing that I've had happen though is when I left my helmet outside and my cat decided to take a piss in it. Overall though they are great.

When I started high school a stray cat left a black and white kitten in our garage, which the family adopted and I bottle fed him with a crazy mixture of condensed milk, eggs and yogurt. Named him "Lucky". The way he runs around you probably wouldn't guess he's 10 and has deformed legs (slightly splayed front feet and a skinny back leg). But my current place doesn't allow cats so Lucky stays with my parents, but when I visit he greets me at the door and allows me to pick him up.
Lucky's fat (russian blue?) playmate "Shadow" is... uh... a little light in the loafers. Don't ask how we know.

I have a cat named Anakin Skylimper, lol. I'm sure you'll see the humor in that later. He is a cat who has three legs and a kinked tail. I adopted him about a year or so ago, and recently adopted another cat named Cletus, who is about the size of a watermelon and never seems to lose weight. The funny thing is that he is a smaller cat than Anakin, yet twice the size.

I have a cat named Anakin Skylimper, lol. I'm sure you'll see the humor in that later. He is a cat who has three legs and a kinked tail. I adopted him about a year or so ago, and recently adopted another cat named Cletus, who is about the size of a watermelon and never seems to lose weight. The funny thing is that he is a smaller cat than Anakin, yet twice the size.

And here we see a prime example of "correlation of weirdness" associated w/ an Owner/Pet relationship. ;)

And here we see a prime example of "correlation of weirdness" associated w/ an Owner/Pet relationship. ;)
not to weird if you think about it way to hard to the point where you can't comprehend your own thoughts (that's what I do, now nothing seems weird to me).
but to the outside observer, yes it is weird.

Dirtdives, do you have any pets? if so tell us

Not currently.........Had a dog: Got cancer and died when I was 10. Had an Iguana but died of old age of 13 years, then got another but had to give that one away....our 1st baby was on the way and wife put her foot down.....had to give up the room for the baby and had no place for Goliath. After all the kids were born, I got a Gecko. Unfortunately, I purchased him from Petco where they had the lot of them on a sandy base in the tank. This is a HUGE no-no. When feeding, Geckos tend to eat up dirt and sand which they can't digest or expel. This causes compaction in the intestines which eventually kill. Which is exactly what happened to him. Males can live up to 20 years in captivity.....I had him for 6 months. Petco didn't even compensate me for my loss....after several calls to the home office and a few calls to the APL,, Petco now has the Geckos on a hard substance bottom in the tanks. Wonder why that happened.........? As I said, currently between pets, but then again I have kids.

Not currently.........Had a dog: Got cancer and died when I was 10. Had an Iguana but died of old age of 13 years, then got another but had to give that one away....our 1st baby was on the way and wife put her foot down.....had to give up the room for the baby and had no place for Goliath. After all the kids were born, I got a Gecko. Unfortunately, I purchased him from Petco where they had the lot of them on a sandy base in the tank. This is a HUGE no-no. When feeding, Geckos tend to eat up dirt and sand which they can't digest or expel. This causes compaction in the intestines which eventually kill. Which is exactly what happened to him. Males can live up to 20 years in captivity.....I had him for 6 months. Petco didn't even compensate me for my loss....after several calls to the home office and a few calls to the APL,, Petco now has the Geckos on a hard substance bottom in the tanks. Wonder why that happened.........? As I said, currently between pets, but then again I have kids.
Kids...pets...same thing. Or, close enough. :lol:

If you had kids, you would know that you'd wish your kids would be as quiet as some pets......I know I would....and have actually...... Repeatedly......especially when I get questions like: Can I borrow your car?........Can I have some money?........Can you buy me this or that?.........oh God!!!! I'm beginning to sound like my own father!!! Heaven help my kids!!! JUST SHOT ME NOW!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bang!

... So back to pets.. I moved into a new apartment about a year ago and the same day there was a little dog running around in the alley. Later that night it was cold and raining so I thought, what the heck I better go see if that dog is still there.

Sure enough she was living in a cardboard box with a tied up bag of supplies next to her. Somewhere in her day she got a terrible gash on her head and someone tied a leash improperly around her body.

Long story short (including her puking all over my bathroom and me cutting a cyst out of her skull with a scalpel), I now have a happy and healthy adorable little Jack-Chi. She's a bit quirky, but she absolutely loves me. And even better she doesn't bark!

If you had kids, you would know that you'd wish your kids would be as quiet as some pets......I know I would....and have actually...... Repeatedly......especially when I get questions like: Can I borrow your car?........Can I have some money?........Can you buy me this or that?.........oh God!!!! I'm beginning to sound like my own father!!! Heaven help my kids!!! JUST SHOT ME NOW!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Sore subject...noted...

I believe you meant to say shoot not shot, I would wonder what your kids would say about that

Aaaaaand... changing the subject back. I have a cat, Artemis, I adopted about four years ago. Was looking for a slightly older cat, but as I was walking past some cages this little kitten started trying to reach out and play with the drawstrings on my hoodie. She's energetic, loves to play with her bird toy, and walk in the backyard on her leash.

2016-06-05 13.24.50.jpg

while we had lots of pets, a dog, multiple rabbits and some chickens.

first ones i got were fairly large. one of the hens got an infection on one of her feet that we had to treat with clean motor oil. but there was so much damage that she could never walk or stand properly on it anymore. so when standing still she would hold them like a stork. at the end of the day the rooster would send them back inside. the hen would jump an "fly"in two leaps back inside. then the rooster checks the whole coop and strolled back up the stairs taking every step.

later we got some smaller ones that were a little shy. a year or so later one laid eggs and started to brood. the second hen was crazy and took the eggs from under her. we managed to save two of them. one we had to peel out of the egg. that one later died because he/she never got any bigger. the other one was fine though. i raised her and taught her t sit on my shoulder like a parrot and "speak" when asked. later she moved in with the last rabbit we had left (my sisters one).

we had lots of fun with all of them:love:

Right now I have 5 dogs and one hen that was the survivor of a dog attack.

Dogs:
3 Huskies, not much to say about them they're old fat and lazy living out their last years just being happy and content getting loved on by my girls. My oldest is their handler.
2 Belgian Malinois, these two are my free time eaters they are amazing dogs like nothing I've ever had before. Athena is a trained Personal defense canine working towards certifications. Ares is a search and rescue dog working on his certifications as a SAR K-9. They are not a pet, but a lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back