Tatical TACPAD Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWarrior24

NOW it's done.

I cut the screen out using a small Rotary Tool (which I had to recharge constantly since I had no patients at the moment)

Sanded the sharp and rough edges with the sanding attachment

Then I painted it using Acrylic Paints, which are what my mother uses with her hobby of painting ceramic figures, had to mix some colors to get it right.

I'll soon spray a protective coating to keep the paint from peeling

Using my father's iPhone, I took a temporary adhesive, A putty that is used to hold posters up, and stuck small pieces on them

Please tell me what you think

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

pretty kewl! i was thinking of using my ipod touch 2g to do this idea as well
what did you use, bondo or clay? because it looks a little clayish to me. if you did, what type did you use? :)

pretty kewl! i was thinking of using my ipod touch 2g to do this idea as well
what did you use, bondo or clay? because it looks a little clayish to me. if you did, what type did you use? :)

well, I first carved Non-sulfer plasticine clay to the shape of the TACPAD. it took A LOT of in-game shots to get right. Once I smoothed out the details, I poured Silicone over it, making a 2-part mold box. I used liquid plastic to make the final piece and used a rotery tool to cut and shave where need be, then I painted. I have another thread that shows the work in progress, it's titled tacpad wip

That is awesome!! Just curious what are you planning on securing the ipod to the armor with??

well, in this shot I used a kind of putty (used to hold posters up) to secure the phone to the tacpad. bit in order to put this on a gauntlet, I think a small plastic sheet to go under and then use Velcro or some locking system would work best. I don't recommend magnets because that could screw up the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back