Tau Fire Warrior Armour Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is it slav squatting if you are using heels? Hell's make it so you are using your toes instead of the full floor of your food. This means you are the capitalist spy!
The [red] heels are still on the ground, comrades all round.

The [red] heels are still on the ground, comrades all round.
slavsquat-1-1280x533.jpg

I see you in this picture, and your lies will not deceive me non comrade

Here we are at the painting part which means that there's a happy TurboCharizard who gets to play around, do some creative stuff and not have to worry about building things for a change.

My foam work was relatively clean but there was still a bit of clean-up to do with a sanding sponge and gap filling with Woodland Scenics Foam Putty. I was lucky that my unfolds worked and I didn't have to go too crazy gap filling with foam clay and everything cured quickly.
DSC_6875.JPG

After that I gassed out the neighbour kids while doing Leak Seal, three coats and then a light wetsand after full cure.
DSC_6878.JPG

Currently I've got the gray primer down on everything that's going to be white or red and I'll be adding main colour coats soon.
DSC_6879.JPG

Don't pay any attention to the giant skull thing.

Apologies for the double post but my brain works in weird ways. Painting is stopping at gray primer for a week.

I ordered a gray flight suit as well as the black one I planned on using.
1581300248211.png

I'm going to guilt so many miniature builders into going home and painting their armies.
1581300286253.png

I'm going to have a cutout of EVA foam to be the black base and prop up a sign that says "Please paint your minis before buying more"

Last edited:
I must inquire about the foam putty. What are you using it on? Just the EVA? Or are you using it like a Bondo-esq for the prints too?

also, you must do the Grey fire warrior on a base pic. In some generic poses would be amazing.

and what part of Canada are you in that is still green!?

I must inquire about the foam putty. What are you using it on? Just the EVA? Or are you using it like a Bondo-esq for the prints too?

also, you must do the Grey fire warrior on a base pic. In some generic poses would be amazing.

and what part of Canada are you in that is still green!?
I use foam putty instead of DAP KwikSeal or flexible caulking since it's more accepting of sanding while still having some flex to it. Basically that just fixes blemishes in foam similar to a glazing putty on a rigid thing like a 3D print. On all the prints I use Bondo body filler and glazing putty to smooth out issues.

I have a few different pose references so everything should be good to do the different poses possible with a sprue of Fire Warriors.

Victoria is currently floating between first spring and third autumn but it's been pretty consistently green out here. Cherry blossoms are already starting :p

I have just recently started to take an interest in Warhammer 40K. I've watching YouTube vids on the lore and battle reports on matches with the tabletop game. IF I ever decide to build an army I am actually lean towards Tau. I like Tau mainly because they are very Anime/Manga influenced with the armour and mech designs ;).
After quickly flipping through this thread I would be very interested in adding Tau build to my future cosplans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back