Th3 Fett Mans Official Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought you were going to say a cookie to whoever could tell what math book you have, lol. Which looks to me like a Saxon Algebra 1/2. As for the car, I have no idea.
On topic, can't wait to see how your mold turns out.

Hey guys umm heres some pictures of my mold and it has some defects but not everything comes out perfect.Heres the pictures
PHTO0004.jpg

PHTO0002.jpg

PHTO0001.jpg

Here where i plastered half of it
PHTO0003.jpg

Hope you guys like it im pretty happy

Hey guys i will have pictures up in a minute but i just casted a knee to see what it was like and it turned out kind of good but one side of my plaster piece broke so i had to hold if the intire time but there are some flawes but nothings prefect for me, but pictures in a minute. :)

Heres a video i made awhile ago for fiberglass my odst knee came out really bad and its video will be up in a minute.

FiberGlassing Video HERE

My ODST Knee Here

Edit - Heres an update for everyone of my ODST Helmet I want to have more work done on it tonight (if im not playing halo 3 all night :) ) And also i have an appointment for my eyes tommorow so i dont know if ill get much donebut anyways heres the pictures(their kinda crappy)
PHTO0010.jpg

PHTO0011.jpg

PHTO0012.jpg

PHTO0013.jpg

PHTO0014.jpg

PHTO0015.jpg

PHTO0016-1.jpg

PHTO0017-1.jpg

PHTO0018-1.jpg

Underneth my ODSt is my Mando helmet that im working on(still it also a wip, and ive had it for 2 years)
And i know it says ODSt and Rouge So tonight im printing out some thighs some shins and the boots(all hi def :) ) So hopefully i can get that done before the end of my wonderful spring break
Hope you enjoy

Th3 FETT MAN said:
and also in this picture ill give some one a cookie if they can tell me what type of cr the door goes to :) And just to let you know the doors upsode down and its a 1966 something
PHTO0024.jpg

1966 VW Bus... guessing its one of the rear doors?

Last edited by a moderator:
DerKraken said:
1966 VW Bus... guessing its one of the rear doors?
Yay some one got it, but its not a rear door( this one isnt the barn door) its for the side door
and heres your cookies(its plural)
cookie.jpg

Th3 FETT MAN said:
and how would this tacky glue cost and can i get it at wal mart/ I use school glue because it cost nothing only 37 cents and its pretty easy to use for me and i can pick it up any where
The only problem I would see with school glue is it coming apart when you go to glass. Now if tacky glue holds well and and isn't destroyed by glassing then I think we would have a winner. Now my only reason for voting for hot glue is either I like the pain of burnt fingers or that there is a benifit of speed, since it dires very quickly.

I plan on doing any glassing with AR. Even though I have worked with regular resin in the past I have worked with regular resin the past! It is like an evil dragon waiting to bite you in the butt. Also I am going to see if I can't use a spray gun on the AR for the first gloss coats. This way I can get even coverage and do 4 to 6 very light coats. This will keep it from saturating the paper while building up a nice even coat.

Hey guys heres an update :)
I got one side almost done and now to the other side
There is alot of pictures,srry
PHTO0001-2.jpg

PHTO0002-2.jpg

PHTO0006-2.jpg

PHTO0007-2.jpg

PHTO0008-2.jpg

PHTO0009-2.jpg

PHTO0010-1.jpg

PHTO0011-1.jpg

PHTO0012-1.jpg

PHTO0013-1.jpg

PHTO0014-1.jpg

PHTO0015-1.jpg

Hope everyone likes it

Since everyone is talking about glues, keep in mind that all glues have their strong points and weak points.

Elmer's doesn't hold as well, but it's a lot easier to work with and doesn't dry as fast.

Hot glue is intermediate when it comes to work time, but it holds really well. The downside being the strings and burns that comes with it.

Super glue holds the strongest probably, but the work time is about five seconds and if you mess up, there is no fixing. Also, if you get that glue on your fingers and touch another body part, then you are in for some trouble and hospital visits depending on the area. Ever see American Pie 2? :p

---------------

The pepakura itself is looking nice, can't wait to see more! :D

Hey guys umm my rouge inst going to be started till the summer time so instead im going to start a Recon helmet when im done with the ODST because i want RECONZ, but really it looks pretty simple just 9 pages and thers not to many small pieces.Well heres some more pictures and what not of my ODST ill post my Video up of me talking about the size difference of my ODST and my Jango Deluxe :) Enjoy
PHTO0015-2.jpg

PHTO0014-2.jpg

PHTO0013-2.jpg

PHTO0012-2.jpg

PHTO0011-2.jpg

PHTO0009-3.jpg

PHTO0008-3.jpg

PHTO0002-3.jpg

Well tell me what you think :)

Nice.

How do you plan to do the torso.. I plan to cut it in half from the back and make it a hinge piece at the top.

Yeah ill probaly cut it in half and put a hinge
Heres an update of my Recon i just started abit ago
PHTO0018-2.jpg

PHTO0017-2.jpg

PHTO0016-2.jpg

More updates on both in abit
enjoy

school glue works fine. i think that the clamps are a little overkill though. i think that when you put a thin enough layer, it gets tacky. if you hold it long enough, it will hold its shape. anyways, nice job, it looks good.

by the way, what did you use for your mold? and for the shell? i saw a tutorial and the person used fiberglass as their hard shell. has anyone tried this?

Hey Guys got my ODST FINISHED im Happy :):) and have a supprise helmet half way done :)
Hope you like, PICTURE may be BAD, sorry camera sucks if they are bad quality, plus theres alot of pictures
PHTO0043.jpg

PHTO0044.jpg

PHTO0045.jpg

PHTO0047.jpg

PHTO0054.jpg

Some pictures a little early
PHTO0042.jpg

PHTO0041.jpg

This took me 2 weeks to finish :(
This took me roughly 2 Hours to do this much :)
PHTO0024-1.jpg

PHTO0025-1.jpg

PHTO0028.jpg

PHTO0029.jpg

PHTO0030.jpg

PHTO0038.jpg

PHTO0039.jpg

PHTO0050.jpg

PHTO0051.jpg

PHTO0052.jpg

PHTO0053.jpg

PHTO0055.jpg

Tell me what you think.
Thanks,
Quinn or Th3 FETT MAN

what do i think... ITS AWESOME! Da Feet Mon! xD Wasssup. Love the updates btw

SprayNoob

Wow, the helmet turned out great so far! (y) Lol, I hear you about the 2 week and the 2 hour thing. Cutting and folding my helmet took me almost a month (I didn't work too hard), but it only took a day to put together.

lolz ur holding it with your foot. Nice job fett man!

p.s. not to be pushy but KEEP WORKING ON THEM GUNS!!! jk take your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back