Th3 Fett Mans Official Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3 FETT MAN

OK here is my New thread since the last one was locked because no pics but now i got some so I just got some work done on the middle chest piece and the knee, Their will be more progres on my other knee and when i get more money ill buy some more cardstock so i can get more done but enough about my stuff heres some pictures of what is done.
Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Hope you enjoy more to come in abit

Quinn

You've got more done than I do, Kudos.

On a completely random note, if you invert the wooden sides of a clothespin they offer a little more precision- basically turn into a wooden needle-nosed clamp.

Why are you clamping them down? Or are you using school glue.

Just one tip: Hot glue dries much faster, and is a lot faster for peping.

I'm going to have to watch this thread, it looks like its coming along great so far!

hlomaster55 said:
Just one tip: Hot glue dries much faster, and is a lot faster for peping.

Personally i like super glue because you dont have to worry about the gun or the string getting in your way or putting to much glue down and it doesnt lay flat

Last edited by a moderator:
It is School glue but it works best for me the hot glue always some how get every where when you get the little strings of hot glue. And super glue gets on my fingers alot and the stick together.
@ Gnappy thanks for the tip ill try that now :) thanks for comments.

Those clothespins are a rather interesting concept. I personally use super glue, but I've tried school glue, and the dry time is certainly a pain. I'm not sure if the pins speed things up any, but it beats holding the tabs down! Looking nice btw! Hard to believe, but I've actually never taken a look at all the odst files. They've never really caught my interest until now. Onto the the Wiki for downloading! ;)

Great work on the pep ODST so far. Keep going, soon you will have a beyond awsome ODST which you can wear any time you want! MU HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

I use school glue as well. Its not too bad. I strong finger tips because I play guitar to much so holding a pep piece to dry for 5 minutes doesn't bother me to much. It is a pain in the @$$ but its better than burning you're self or glueing you're fingers togeather. I believe its cheaper too!

Great work man, its coming along great!

I use school glue and here's a little tip: Put a very thin layer on. Then hold it for about 15-30 seconds and it's pretty much dry. Holds up rather well too. If you goop it on in a thick bead of course it's going to take forever to dry. Give it a try, i'm sure you will be pleased with the method I use.

Thanks every more update in about 5 sec when i go take pics
@JSwift I do smear a thin layer on there but i only use clothespins because it help me how multiple place at a time.

For the love of Halo dude! Please try to use the edit button. Haha Wowee. That was a septuple post. I haven't seen one of those ever.

But regardless, it's good that you're getting to the next step! Keep pushing and you'll have a fully completed piece in no time. :)

Thanks Heavy gunner I deleted all the others and i put thenm in this one

Update :)
Sorry about picture quality my brother took the good camera so i had to use a crappy one for now
PHTO0016.jpg

PHTO0017.jpg

PHTO0018.jpg

PHTO0020.jpg

PHTO0021.jpg

PHTO0026.jpg

Edit: Here are some better picture for everyone

102_6311.jpg

102_6315.jpg

102_6316.jpg

And heres the clip with the needle noise tip Thanks to Gnappy
102_6313.jpg

here you go enjoy

Hey everyone heres some more better pics of my stufff for the odst

103_6358.jpg

103_6359.jpg

103_6360.jpg

103_6362.jpg

103_6363.jpg

103_6364.jpg

I should have the other side of my knee on in a bit and the rest of the middle chest done :)
hope you enjoy
Ok heres some pictures of my Knee Resined they are not that good because of the sunlight. And just a coupld of my middle chest all together

Knee Resined
105_6388.jpg

105_6395.jpg

I will get better ones when i sand it

Middle Chest (ready for resin)

105_6398.jpg

105_6399.jpg

105_6400.jpg

105_6401.jpg

105_6402.jpg

105_6403.jpg

I will hope to resin this tommorow arfter school.

Well thats all for now hope you enjoy and i like comments

Heres my Knee and middle chest resined and ready for bondo and sanding.

107_6404.jpg

107_6406.jpg

107_6407.jpg

The fiberglass underneath isnt dry on either of them so ill have to wait a bit more but hope everyone likes it ( I have never have gotten to this part before i usally just pep it and then its always to small for me and i give up but now im not so thanks for everyones advice and comments

Ok heres some more progress
This is my 2nd knee almost ready for resin :)

109_6455.jpg

109_6456.jpg

109_6458.jpg

Heres my first knee bondoed and almost ready for paint

109_6454.jpg

109_6434.jpg

109_6435.jpg

109_6436.jpg

109_6437.jpg

109_6452.jpg

Heres my middle crest piece which needs alot more sanding as you can see

109_6443.jpg

109_6444.jpg

109_6450.jpg

109_6442.jpg

And I took pictures of this for some reason but heres my indoor and out door work areas :)

InDoor
109_6457.jpg

OutDoor
109_6453.jpg

Hope you enjoy :)

ok wasnt sure and sanding is easier when you add less bondo at a time and when applying only do one stroke dont go over it it will just make those little tale things its smoother just one swipe with your bondo spatula

I dont know why i put so much on there i was mixing and i guess i made to much and didnt want to waste it so i just smeared it on my chest piece

Heres my right Knee Finished and painted :) sorry but no progress pics.I useed a house paint brush and sprayed some sivler paint on it and brushed it on, i also got to get some other color paints to weather it some more and some smaller paint brushes for better weather look, and i hope blacks the right color it look black in some of the ref pics i have so i just went with flat black but next time i go to walmart ill buy some card stock and paint.
111_6459.jpg

111_6460.jpg

111_6461.jpg

111_6462.jpg

111_6463.jpg

111_6464.jpg

111_6465.jpg

111_6466.jpg

111_6467-1.jpg

111_6468.jpg

111_6469.jpg

111_6470.jpg

Edit the paint on the front of the knee is different because i wiped it and it took off the paint to the bondo
This is how i want to make it
The_Rookie.jpg

looks good and if you want that black colour like the pic i would recommend a satin black instead of black it will look more finished and when you weather it the silver will dull it out a bit and when you weather just do the edges you dont need to do the open space as much

Great progress and it's looking spectacular. As for School Glue vs Hot Glue, the choice is obvious. TACKY GLUE! :p
I have two 16 oz bottles of this stuff and the 6 pack of the assorted 1oz bottles and it works amazing. And as said before, more is less when you're paper crafting.
alieens.jpg

and how would this tacky glue cost and can i get it at wal mart/ I use school glue because it cost nothing only 37 cents and its pretty easy to use for me and i can pick it up any where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back