Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJamin

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S829
When I signed in to check on the forums this morning I was greeted with a message that I had been awarded the trophy for hitting 1 Year!

One Year.png

I wanted to take this as an opportunity to say thank you and post some highlights / stories from the past year.

A little more than a year ago I finally bought a 3D printer. I had wanted one for a long time and after convincing my wife, I finally pulled the trigger. The biggest final motivation was finding MoeSizzlac's files on Thingiverse.

I have been a Halo fan since the original came out and have always wanted to take on an ambitious cosplay. (Years ago I dreamed of recreating my WoW Death Knight in T13 Armor) I started printing little things here and there with my printer, but had not taken the jump to start on the MK VI.

However, I eventually stumbled on this Reddit Post by JGPenland. I asked some questions and of course I was directed to the 405th

Reddit.png

I joined and from there I started printing and started my ongoing build thread:
Suit.JPG
On.JPG

Before joining the 405th I had never really made a costume or prop for myself. I had always found completed things and made them work. However, since joining I have learned so much and been able to make some really cool things:
Mangler.JPGMA5C + M6G.JPGHelmet.JPG

This past year has truly flown by and some might say it has been a difficult year. However, I know that my participation in the 405th routinely puts a smile on my face. Everyone here is always so helpful, supportive, and encouraging. I know that many others have been able to complete projects much faster than I am working through mine, but I can honestly say I have enjoyed 99% of it and feel no crunch to get it done. (1% being the time I almost melted my chest piece out in the sun)

When my forum status changed to Active Member I can honestly say that I felt pride. I love being able to contribute back to this community in anyway that I can.
Profile.png

(not quite a post a day, but I still feel pretty good about that number)

So thank you to everyone that has been part of this past year. (and on the Discord too) I look forward to the future!

Thank you for encouraging me to take things on and keep going when it gets rough.
Thank you for the guidance when I have been totally lost.
Thank you for pushing me to stretch myself and learn new things.
Thank you for allowing me to have fun with all of you.

I will tag some folks that are jumping out. I know that I will miss some, and I am sorry for that.

TurboCharizard, PlanetAlexander, Spidermonkey60, RandomRanger, JGPenland, MoeSizzlac, master_colt_117, EVAkura, NobleofDeath16, he4thbar, Ashuraa, Rock Lobbster, TheBraus, Dirtdives2424, marinesniper

One year? Dude, you're in here creating quality and pumping out content like the veterans. Congratulations and I can't wait to see where the next year takes you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back