What Should The 405th Age Limit Be?

• 18+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea posted elsewhere about levels of membership based on age(ie 18 is Spartan, 16 is Spartan recruit.) What that means exactly would have to be hammered out. For recruits maybe fewer privileges, resposibilities, and assignment of full Spartan "buddy" at public events/ conventions to make sure that behavior is Spartanlike. I am well clear of the 18 yo requirement, but I say this because it looks like there are a lot of guys and girls (well Christi anyway) that appear dedicated enough to warrant the 16 yo limit. Just a thought.

Psh, I'd wait. I'm actually pushing for 18.
I guess a Spartan recruit would make sense, but I don't know how everyone would take to the fact that they'd have 16 or 17 year olds following them around at conventions. ;-)

Yeah the buddy system would probably be more than anyone would want to deal with. I can see where you are coming from with the waiting to 18 thing, and it looks good that you guys in the under 18 category are still pushing for that. Really dedicated

i like the idea of having a age limit but at the same time if there is a person say 15 and has a very nice set of armor.. we should have a upcoming member area or something.. just due to the quality of the armor.. and the attendance of the person..

Sarge Christi said:
that was my real reason.

like if we go to a convention in canada....
19 to drinky poo

Come see me :)

Is there importants conventions in Canada? (Like Montreal or Toronto)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it would be okay to have 18 the age limit, but i would stiil want a youth pass so I could get a low spartan #, and since the youth is before your actually in the 405th, I don't think you should have to have full armor, just like progress pics, and before you upgrade you have to be 18+ and have full armor. (because i'll probly be in that situation) :$ops:

I've changed my mind.

It makes sense that it should be 18.

I can push 18 in no time...I'm doing it for the 501st anyways. And it wouldn't hurt me to wait.

So I say 18. ;-)

yea, it gives people more time to make high quality armor. now we got the age done, we should get on to discussing the youth membership

So there is a youth membership?

I like Red's Idea :lindsey: .

But I digress. :Steve:

Either way I have to wait at least a year to do anything :roll: .

I think the most logical thing is to make the cut off age at 18. But maybe if we see a mature, productive member who is really interested in joining, we can possibly think of a way to give them an unofficial membership of some sort until they turn 18.

:agree:

Well said, Red ;-) .

It could be like Dark's "assoication" with the 501st.

They wouldn't be an offical member, but would be "in the know"...

I think if Red's idea works, the said member should be eligble for dog tags and a patch...So it would be a partial membership instead of a youth membership.

Umm I'm just trying to pitch an idea since it will be a few years till I'm 18.

But I'm cool with whatever the Admins decide.

we were always going to do a youth membership, which means you are offiliated with the 405th and you have a spartan number and get the stuff that comes with the membership, and it upgrades when you turn 18, which would make the 405th better than the 501st (age wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back