The Cheapest Mark Vi Helmet Ever :o W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrien dark

alright all of these next pics of the helmet should remind you how ghetto it is and how much of a wip it is :D

but tell me if it looks alright yah no :D

okay looks ghetto right? i know it crooked...me n my friend made these in one night :p

here are the supplies wich youll prolly find around your house :p

Bike Helmet-Foam from the inside

Tape-geurilla

Paint-(of course)

Old visor-(for an old helmet :p)

Annnnnnnnnd last but not least...lotsa cardboard O.O

i know i know ghetto right? well we really wanted a couple helmets we could wear so we did this...were young of course we cant wait...have any tips and suggestions please feel free to reply :D

if yah dont but just wanna talk and or make fun of me for trying this well then i guess still reply :D

and remember! this is a work in progress...of course it doesnt have a lot of detail...i tried making a pakarakaning or something ...but i failed...horrible...so i went ghetto :D

wow...

you gave up on pepakura to do that?

I think you should REALLY go back and give pepakura another chance and have a little more patience and effort next time.

If you plan on more scratch builds, I suggest using cereal box cardboard as it doesn't have the ridges in the middle that tend to muck up folds and leave non smooth finishes when you're done.

I suggest just heading back to PEP because with a little patience you can do ALOT better than that.

o and btw,that looks more of a MarkV.

Respect!!

it seems that u are very young my friend

First of all, u have created some and finished it, great, but it is a lota better feeling to go with pepakura :)!!

if u have the patience, the end result would be so satisfiying for u, that u never wanna stop with papakura.

give it a try

Psy

lmao thanks :D my problem was my comp wasnt downloading pep but i finally got it to work and im already about a quarter of the way through pep process for the MARK VI helmet....oh and i know it looks like the MARK V but i m still adding to it :D oh and your right....haha cereal boxes would have worked better :D...im going to put a finish over after i add the details of the MARK VI and the finish is going papermache so it should smooth it up a bit...one question...after i PEP...where do i go from there?...Do i use starch or something to harded the Paper? or do i use resin? Lol me and my freind started those helmets yester and it got started by him saying he wished he could wear the armor...so we were going to buy some...then it was too expensive (625.00)...so we decided to make it ourselves :D...so far we havent spent a penny :D ill keep updating so you guys can see the end results later and whether or not it actually turns out ok :D

If you haven't spent a penny that probably means you did not buy card stock. If you make pep out of printer paper it will fail every time.

Robby said:
If you haven't spent a penny that probably means you did not buy card stock. If you make pep out of printer paper it will fail every time.

annnnnnnnnnd ur right and yes ur right again it did fail...epically :pim still new to this and dont have a lot of money to work with :pall i need is 110 lb oaoer to get started tho right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrien_Dark said:
annnnnnnnnnd ur right and yes ur right again it did fail...epically :pim still new to this and dont have a lot of money to work with :pall i need is 110 lb oaoer to get started tho right?

Money shouldn't be too much of an obstacle. So far the most expensive thing I've bought is my respirator and that was only $40. Almost all of the supplies are less than $15. Walmart is your friend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
your going to have to put some money in it.

- cardstock 5 dollars,

- I mean if you think your good with cardboard then all means do some of with cardboard (free, find it around the house)

- Big packet of glue sticks. 10 dollars

- Glue gun (4 dollars)

- 2 packets of fiberglass clothe should cover the whole thing (10 dollars)

- 2 cans of resin (10 dollars each)

- big bucket of body filler ( 17 dollars)

- respirator *** must have if your using bodyfiller, resin (20-30 dollars)

Your at 71 right now. It problaly seems a lot, but think about it. your building MC armor

Just buy the material as you need them so you dont spend it all at once starting with cardstock and a glue gun if you dont already have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back