The Dark Souls Thread

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by Cosmonaut, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut New Member

DARK SOULS!

I've been aching to do a Dark Souls build for a couple years now but I just couldn't find any files and I didn't want to free hand because I know it would turn out bad. I'm sure some of you in the community feel the same way and have had the same problem; so along with sharing a GOLD MINE of pep files, I'll attempt to do an Artorias foam unfold!​

upload_2017-11-24_10-44-3.png

I found these files at : Cosplay Archive - Dark souls papercraft

Most of them are not unfolded, but I'm sure you guys can unfold them! If you don't know which you want to do a build on, I recommend downloading the Dark souls full armor mega archive.zip. As the name implies, there is a BUNCH of game accurate armors there such as A_9700.
    That particular file is the game accurate but not anatomically correct version of Artorias. Unless you're a skeleton I doubt you'd be able to wear that armor, so I suggest if you are doing an Artorias build to use A_9700 file as reference with the Artorias armor wearable file.

Feel free to unfold them yourself or ask me any questions. ALSO I recommend extracting the full mega armor files into a different folder because there's just so much!
    I also just want to add this link here, it's a website to order differing thicknesses of foam which some of you may find useful:
    Cross Linked Polyethylene - 2LB

upload_2017-11-24_10-39-43.png

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  2. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut New Member

Its finished!

(but you may have to edit it)

Unfortunately while unfolding and looking at reference pictures, I discovered that not all parts of the Artorias wearable armor are game accurate. Although I still unfolded it for those of you who don't mind some inaccuracies. I also had an issue with scaling this model; I'm about 70 inches tall with a waist span of 34 inches. I had the scale the armor up to 85 inches in height so that the waist piece could properly fit around me. I also had to take into account the thickness of foam I'd be using and I am still unsure if this scale is right for me. So take your time scaling, be absolutely sure that it is a comfortable fit and take the thickness of foam you will use into account.​

Parts not game accurate: Forearm piece (There are only 7 rows not 9) / Shoulder piece / Thigh pieces / Knee pieces / Shin pieces / Foot pieces / Side hip pieces (There are only 4 pieces not 5)

*EDIT* You'll find the templates if you scroll out, they are all to the left

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  3. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Cosmonaut - Nice work! I wanted to let you know about a program called ArmorSmith that might help you. It is a way to put multiple .pdo files onto one mannequin to help with scaling. Unlike pepakura though you can edit file dimensions independently. Thought this might help you with height/waist issue. That way you can make one change without changing the other.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  4. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut New Member

Thanks! I'll be sure to check that out when I get to my build

5. Lowcone494

Lowcone494

You wouldnt happen to have the Artorias set where each part is separate would you?

6. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut New Member

I have only one and it is the helmet but I'm sure there is someway to split up the armor set.

*EDIT* AAAAANNNNDDD THERE IS! or at least I think so. I'm not entirely savvy with this kind of stuff so tell me if it works please.
    delete parts in Pepakura?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  7. Lowcone494

Lowcone494

Ill take a look at it! thanks for the info