The end of the wii and xbox reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

Japan where video games sell like hotcakes in the morning, the wii and xbox 360 had been the victors in sales in recent months, but look no further, sony's 40gig actually boosted their sales

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/hell-freezing/p...st-time-ever-32 4271.php

For once, the ps3 is ontop and selling better than the wii, the price drop, small hard drive works, for people who are new to ps gaming, or people that dont want a large HDD because they wont use even 1gig of it.

DS - 78,884
PSP - 58,964
PS3 - 55,924
Wii - 34,546
PS2 - 9,043 (wtf this system is old)
Xbox 360- 5,817
GB Micro - 708
GBASP - 211
GC - 69
GBA - 4

10 times more ps3's were sold than the 360, and 20k more than the wii.

Masterchief cried today.

Notice the ps2 sold 2x more systems than a new xbox360.

AoBfrost said:
Japan where video games sell like hotcakes in the morning, the wii and xbox 360 had been the victors in sales in recent months, but look no further, sony's 40gig actually boosted their sales

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/hell-freezing/p...st-time-ever-32 4271.php

For once, the ps3 is ontop and selling better than the wii, the price drop, small hard drive works, for people who are new to ps gaming, or people that dont want a large HDD because they wont use even 1gig of it.

DS - 78,884
PSP - 58,964
PS3 - 55,924
Wii - 34,546
PS2 - 9,043 (wtf this system is old)
Xbox 360- 5,817
GB Micro - 708
GBASP - 211
GC - 69
GBA - 4
10 times more ps3's were sold than the 360, and 20k more than the wii.

Masterchief cried today.
Don't worry. Its only japan..lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Said in a joking manner) - That's cause everyone already owns a 360. No new customers when everyone already owns your product.

Anyway, let's see the game sales reports. Factor those in and let's see whose still on top.
*Crosses fingers*
:whistle:

Yes lets see. Wii game sales havent been doing good, thats cause in the US they release crap games from cartoons that kids dont even watch, why do I want a wii game for ed edd and eddy? Will it be fun, maybe, will it have replay value, no, the only wii games I would buy would be cooking mama, legend of zelda twilight princess, and ssb brawl, thats it.

23Magnum said:
(Said in a joking manner) - That's cause everyone already owns a 360. No new customers when everyone already owns your product.

Anyway, let's see the game sales reports. Factor those in and let's see whose still on top.
*Crosses fingers*
:whistle:
very true! and ofcorse well beat them in the games sales reports: they dont have any games. :p
(im such a hipicrit, i have a ps2 and had it before i had an xbox)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh look, another PISSING CONTEST. Can I join? Pretty please?!

Seriously, who the %&#! cares...

I'm going to play what I want, when I want.

I bought a wii and I really dont like it compared to the ps3, I like the graphics of the wii, but the wii sports demo just made me angry, I was told my all my friends "when you move you hand, the same thing happens on screen". After testing all the games, there isnt much accuracy to what my hand really is doing, for example, tennis, when I swing, I can be holding the remote to the right, yet my guy is holding his rocket to the left, I can swing like I was hitting the ball on my right, yet I hit it on my left, isnt very accurate.

Other than that, I did have some fun golfing and bowling, most was from boxing, when I get games I will be happier, but I guess I'm just angry from wii sports.

Another thing that made me mad. the sensor bar plug comes lose alot, I force it in thinking it should snap in, it doesnt, so gravity doesnt really help here.

The wii doesnt have rechargable batteries, and I dont want to spend more money on a recharge kit for 2 controllers, when I only have 1, all the single recharge kits are rated bad on amazon.com.

Third, I hate how it comes with the controller playing sounds and vibrating constantly when I hover over icons, that just kills my battery even more, I'm using something that will be wasted when used up, not something I can plug in and recharge.

Fourth, the wii sports games always show you tutorials before you play, I hate waiting 5 minutes watching tutorials before I can play a game I know how to play.

After all this....

I guess I do love the system. Getting a black friday wii for 239 after tax before black friday was a awsome deal, when would I ever find it after bf or during christmas? never.

So in the real end...I love both my systems equally and complain about certain things from both, but not all things are perfect, so I enjoy them both

<3 <3 <3

The reason for the boost is very simple.. In japan they release a white PS3, with the combo of the prize of the 40 gig is helping.

But seriously, The Wii is sold out in the UK and the half off Europe woepti do!

Nobody really cares about sales numbers only fanboys, and marketing men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back