The Epic Journey Begins! MK VI Armor Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helmet looks great, And yes the bondo/sanding stage takes a long time. You'er project will seem to flow allot faster if you do it in the larger stages. Well until you're next post, keep up the great work.

Thanks Thorn! Appreciate the advice, helps to keep me on track.

Painting is done for the most part, I may hit a few areas with the airbrush once more. I can see I'll never be entirely satisfied. I decided on a nice military tan, with an accent of flat black. Repainting is always an option however, if I ever decide to go full on MC. I think I'm pretty happy with it though!

I'll update again once lights/small details/padding/fans are added. Enjoy!

1002010e.jpg

1002023q.jpg

1002017i.jpg

1002011b.jpg

1002027b.jpg

Wow, that's a beautiful job! Great bondo and painting man. I know what you mean about never being fully satisfied. This whole week I've been trying to get the bondo down just right personally.

Wow, that's a beautiful job! Great bondo and painting man. I know what you mean about never being fully satisfied. This whole week I've been trying to get the bondo down just right personally.

Thanks Kat. Muscle through that bondo stage, patience and perfection go hand in hand.

Thanks guys and gals!

Lights and fans are installed, alls that left is the padding. I'll post the finished pics ASAP. And one quick question, what size wire loom, or wire tubing, works best to cover the vents? I know they make up to 2 inch, but everything I can find locally is to small, and if I try to stretch it to cover the wider area, it's almost impossible to make it stay in place.

WOW that helmet looks great!!!! I totally didnt have the kind of patience that you did to do all of the proper sanding and bondo work, but you are clearly pro at it! Awesome helmet

The thigh pieces fit perfectly! But since the start of this thread I think I have pepped no less than 6 shins...

I found another pep model, by Nicktendo I believe, that was a little more to my liking. Since then I've completed one shin, and resined it, while I'm nearly done pepping the other. As of now I nearly have both legs fully pepped, a completed helmet (with lights, fans, & padding), along with two pepped hand plates. Sadly I don't have any pics, as my next pic update I plan on having all pieces pepped and ready to go!

I'll update with pics as soon as I can!

Update time, haven't had one of these in a while. Nearly done with the pep work, only have the chest, left forearm and left bicep pieces to complete. I may bring out the lines on the helmet a little more with some blackwashing. Enjoy the WIP pics.

1002037kk.jpg

1002039m.jpg

1002038d.jpg

1002036wi.jpg

1002033f.jpg

1002034v.jpg

1002035e.jpg

1002041n.jpg

1002043l.jpg

1002042a.jpg

it all looks like very clean pep work, and congratulations on almost being done with the paper portion of your project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back