The fist of the Master Chief ( need help please )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal

Hey guys,
I am starting a new project that i am calling The Fist of the Master Chief :mrgreen: . I am still working on my original non halo armor but this project i am doin for my sculpture class. and i could use some help.

Our assignment is to mold and cast a part of our body and we get about a pound of algasafe ( alginate flexable mold safe on skin ) this is about enough to do my fist and some fore arm. from that mold i will cast in wax then build on top with clay to make the Master chief fist. and i will creat a sweet base for it to sit on then will mold that and cast it in some cool other mediums, plaser, clear or colored clear resin, cement, paintable material, and i think i will make an Ice fist last just for fun.

i will post some of the scetches i have done as soon as i can scan them, maybee tonight. my prblem is that i cant seem to find very many good detailed pics of the hands and fore arm. and i want a more intricate design. I thought i had seen someone working on a cool looking hand wip. but the pics i keep seeing are a boring square with the dots. I am ok with altering the design to make it more interesting but if some one knows of one that i dont please let me know.

Ice fist lol. That sounds like neat project. Maybe you could even have MC holding a shield grenade or something.

here are some links that may help you out a little bit. If you want a specific ref pic or angle, talk to Doom. :christa:

http://mjolnirarmor.com/forums/viewtopic.p...30&start=60
http://mjolnirarmor.com/forums/viewtopic.p...asc&start=0
http://mjolnirarmor.com/forums/viewtopic.p...415&start=0

I know you said you wanted to go more detailed, but I think if done well, a plain, but sharp look is the way to go. naybe you could just add some battle scarring if it ends up looking plain.

Thanks those will be helpful but i would still like some good referance pics like wallpaper images or something with a good shot of the hands. but i think that the halo 3 wips will be the best. better than the square wip.

These are my concept sketches, just to get an idea for the project the fist will not bee the same i was just elaborating from memory. but i realy like the style of the base i have. i just want to know what you guys think and see if any of you have some good halo 3 referance pics.

TheFistofMC.jpg

Those are awesome man i have never seen that video at that high of a resolution to be able to set good still immages.

i think you are right about the battle scarring will be a big help on the paintable materials, but the others like the ice or resin might look plain unless i sculpt some of the scars into the armor.

those pics are sweet!!!!

Thank you. i will post pics as i wok on it which will start thursday. i will try to document the process as much as possible to share with all of you.

no prob man. let me know how it turns out. can't wait to see progress pics.

for the ice and resin copies, you should cut deep gashes in the armor and have a small plaque at the bottom that reads "Spartan-117 mauled by a cougar" :ha:

Ok guys i got started on my project today.

I made the cast of my fist in class, and got the clay to build on top. we took pictures but i need my friend to email them to me. so that i can post them here. Ill try to get them up asap.

OK guys here are the pictures of the first stages of The Fist Of The Master Chief

Step one, use algesafe molde mix to make a mold of my fist. :eyepatch:

Then once the mold set and i could pull my hand out wee made a posotive cast of my fist in plaster, that i can add the clay onto to make the armor later.

Algesafe is a good moldmix because it is safe on skin and a whole lot cheaper than body double. but it is only good for one maybee two uses if you are luck.

stageone.jpg

stage1.jpg

that gives me and idea to put hands trying to grab you adn stuff comming out of my walls, but anyways nice job.

Nice drawings and sketches! Now I want to mold my own hand. I think the grenade would have been cool, but I don't know what state you live in so there is no telling how the public, political figures and law enforcement would have taken that. *cough* mooninites *cough* (see recent news about Boston)I look forward to more news and photos on your progress.

Eternal said:
OK guys here are the pictures of the first stages of The Fist Of The Master Chief

Step one, use algesafe molde mix to make a mold of my fist. :eyepatch:

Then once the mold set and i could pull my hand out wee made a posotive cast of my fist in plaster, that i can add the clay onto to make the armor later.

Algesafe is a good moldmix because it is safe on skin and a whole lot cheaper than body double. but it is only good for one maybee two uses if you are luck.

stageone.jpg

stage1.jpg

wow i just thought of something... to make a body cast couldnt you get yourself neck high (in different segments so you can connect them) and use for a body cast>??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you could actually do a full body cast with algesafe by brshing it on and then using plaster bandages on top of that to make a mother mold in two big pieces, but the bummer is that it would still only be good of maybee one or two good casts, but if that is all you need then thats great because alga safe is alot cheaper than body double.

this is the site that the stuff i used is from
http://www.smooth-on.com/

but it you are just looking to make a manaking this is way cheaper but you will need a friend to help, and maybee a model unless you are the person being molded.

packing tape mold

step 1. wrap your entire body in one layer of seran plastic wrap
step 2. with the layer of seran wrap on start to cover your entire body again in about three of four layer of packing tape ( should take about 8-9 rolls from the 99cent store so like 9 dollars)
step 3. once you have what feels like a good strong 3-4 layers the use kids scissors rounded tip( you don't want to stab your moddel or cut clothing ) and cut open the taoe mold so the moddel can get out.
step 4. Take your empty mold, begin to reseal your cuts with more packing tape, and stuff you mold tightly with shredded paper to give it a strong structure.
Step 5. you have a packing tape manaking for around $10-$20

here is a web site with pics and more details.
http://tapesculpture.org/index.html
this is one guys art with these
http://www.xmarkjenkinsx.com/index.html

Hey guys, I think i am going to take this project to the next level and make a one of a kind CD holder for all three games. It will be a perfect example for me to show off some packaging design. I will post some pics soon but for now a brief desciption of what i mean.

ok so you know about the fist and the base being two parts, well in between the first and the base i am going to create a storage area for the game CDs. the base is going to be a little more elaborate and light up from inside. The fist is going to fit into a space at the top of the base and cover/ protect the CDs just underneath it. So inessence i am making one freakin awesome CD case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back