The Mystery Of The Crooked Helmit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadidlehopp

Jr Member
[attachment=4892:img_1672..._450x360.jpg]

ok guys when i resined, the top part of the visor went right and the bottem part were your mouth would be went left I got some vauge ideas on how to fix it but what about you guys? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Did you leave the paper visor in when resining? Or maybe you used copy paper and not cardstock? Or, you could have put too much on at one time.

Anyway, to fix, you'll have to try to push the helmet back into place and brace it how you want it. Then, you resin it again. Someone else might be able to explain it better, I can't seem to think of the right words.

take a cardboard box, put in some pieces of cardboard that will apply stress on the bottom and top sides of ur helmet pushing them back how u want them. Then coat ur helm with more resin, this will help it shift its shape back! good luck

J-Kling said:
take a cardboard box, put in some pieces of cardboard that will apply stress on the bottom and top sides of ur helmet pushing them back how u want them. Then coat ur helm with more resin, this will help it shift its shape back! good luck

what do u mean? like cut the box and place peices in helm so that the helm will get bent back to shape? the helmit is pritty resined already so i dontno if card bord will be strong enough heres a pic f the helm.

(srry for the double post guys)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Rogue said:
Yeah, it warped. There's not much else to do other than what we suggested; you may have to restart.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttsssssssssss ssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr
LAME! u sure theres nnothing else i could do? what about j klings idea about the cardbord?? or what if i were to strap the bottem down (like the chin peice) and use sum string to kinda pull it sideways. im fiberglassing the suit tomorrow and the helm had to be the hardest part and i really dont wanna have to start over scince my glue gun broke down.

Thats the exact same thing that happened to mine, but mine was a bit worse. And I have to restart as well.

Like I said, if you can somehow warp it back into place by force and THEN resin it, you could probably fix it. Depends how many coats of resin you have/how strong it is now.

you say its pretty resined? Use hand weights to lean on it, but be careful, I used a 5 lb. hand weight to help me take a warp out of my helm(the back was warped weird to one side). But if you just cover the thing in a nice goey layer of resin it could soften it up enough to help it lose some of the warp..... good luck. Else just use the cardboard and after a while it will slowly shift

if its super bad you might not be able to fix it and your might have to start over i put a Styrofoam head in my helmet when i did the resin worked good if you think you can save it then i say go for it but it sounds like you cant so i think you need to start over i did my helmet twice and it went faster the second-time i know you didn't want to hear this but it is a learning experience and when you come across the problem the next time you will know how to fix it :p

well thanks for your help guys i think i have gotten an idea on how to fix it with tape and a stick thanks for the help.

ok now i got another question. well 2 actualy. did adam raise the comment thing up cause i tryed posting this in the other forum and it wouldnt let me and another thing i got this weird little wierd message under my pic and info
(warn:(0%) and five blue squares) any one else got this? this dosnt have anything to do with da ban hammer does it?

kadidlehopper markVI said:
well thanks for your help guys i think i have gotten an idea on how to fix it with tape and a stick thanks for the help.

ok now i got another question. well 2 actualy. did adam raise the comment thing up cause i tryed posting this in the other forum and it wouldnt let me and another thing i got this weird little wierd message under my pic and info
(warn:(0%) and five blue squares) any one else got this? this dosnt have anything to do with da ban hammer does it?

lol thats i think your manna and also when you get 100% warning you can be banned i think at least thats how ti works on other forums

Don't mention the post count. Adam constantly raises it whenever someone does, and he's about to take away visibility of post numbers soon. But, good luck on fixing your helmet and post some pics when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back