*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your cod but, I found something wrong that can be a problem.
Look at this first, then the other.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62944356@N03/5727346845/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62944356@N03/5727346937/in/photostream/

um, what's the issue? it's a very doable piece:
th_DSC_8148.jpg
(Click to enlarge, Would of been better if I hadn't used HotGlue, it set's very quick)

And if it bugs you that much just score a line, you're also pointing to the wrong "point" in 2D pep.

i have a M319 Individual Grenade Launcher pepakura file unfolded if anyone is interested, i also have other pepakura weapons at high detail

Hello there I am new to the idea of making armor out of paper but not to making armor. My background is in Metallurgy. if anyone is interested I have noticed there are some models you have of knifes I can fabricate them for real I can do spring steel fairly cheap I just like making knifes. I actually came here to learn more about your armor as my 8 year old has informed me he wants to be ?Jorge for Halloween this year?? and I am also willing to work out a barter. I normally build for live full contact combat. Its a bit different when your trying to stop some one hitting you full force with a baseball bat essentially. I also build trebuchets.

the trebuchets are just for fun tho the biggies I have built to date was 20feet tall. there is just a cretin satisfaction when toy launch a pumpkin 100-150 yards and sit back to watch it go SPLAT.:)

for starters I would like to complement everyone on the work they do on this site.
my big question is on scaling the armor.

I don't wish to step on anyone's tows I have read threw your posts in this forum and understand what it is like to have your hard work taken for granted or out right stolen.

I do have some practices at making composite armor as (I worked with but not for American Body armor about 24 years ago. and that's as fare on that subject as I can go pleas don't ask)

I just am not familiar with the program and what material would you suggest I use for my son I see some of you talking about paper and some talking about foam.

he is a topical 8 year old and very active and growing like a weed. we will probably work on this together.

in advance I would like to thank you for all you help and advice.

also thank you for helping this old armorer get a new perspective.

um, what's the issue? it's a very doable piece:
th_DSC_8148.jpg
(Click to enlarge, Would of been better if I hadn't used HotGlue, it set's very quick)

And if it bugs you that much just score a line, you're also pointing to the wrong "point" in 2D pep.

No, I don't point on the wrong place on the cod part, the tip is pointing the wrong way, and no it don't bugs me, I just cut it so it fits.
I just wanted you to know so you could fix it if you want, but it don't sound like that.

Here is mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carterbuilder/5734547954/in/photostream

i just downloaded it and it says its corrupted for me also, i tried using winrar,7zip, and extractnow, they all say its corrupted.

@roadwarrior
can you just upload the pdo itself instead of a zip file?

yum.png

All I did was scale the boot outward and repositioned the vertices in the toe.

do you guys like it?

I like it. Having everything combined into one model will definitely help with the more-than-common scaling problem that most people have. Good work sir!!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back