The Paper Mache Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOH! I made my helmet from an old, low-res file a couple years ago with paper mache! Here's what I got:

pepamkviprogress1006.jpg

pepamkviprogress1008.jpg

Halo-evenmorepix002.jpg

The only real method I've ever known when it comes to paper mache is with using liquid starch(the kind in the bottle, not the spraycan). Easiest point to start is along the outside(at least that is where I began), then once you are satisfied with it, begin on the inside(unless you decide to slush-cast the inside instead of fiber-glassing/paper mache).

I haven't begun to work on the inside yet, but I will try to get a picture up to show how its coming along so far. And I do plan on using bondo on the outside, as well.

OxA said:
The only real method I've ever known when it comes to paper mache is with using liquid starch(the kind in the bottle, not the spraycan). Easiest point to start is along the outside(at least that is where I began), then once you are satisfied with it, begin on the inside(unless you decide to slush-cast the inside instead of fiber-glassing/paper mache).

I haven't begun to work on the inside yet, but I will try to get a picture up to show how its coming along so far. And I do plan on using bondo on the outside, as well.

Please don't necro-post, check the dates before you post in a thread. Any thread that's over 30 or 31 days I believe is considered dead (or not active) and you shouldn't post in it, unless given the appropriate circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back