The Pepakura FAQ Thread

Leadingspartan

Q: What are these lines ------?

A: Those are moutain folds you fold them like this ^

Q: What are these lines -.-.-.-.-.-.-?

A: Those Are valley folds you fold them like this v

Q: What are these lines ______________?

A: That is where you cut.

Q: How do i reinforce my pepakura armor?

A: With Fiberglass

Q: Where can i find the pepakura files?

A: The Stickies.

Q: How do i scale?

A: Please read the How to scale your pepakura sticky.

Q: How do i post pictures?

A: You have to upload them to your computer and then upload them to photo bucket, tinypic, or woopics.

Q: Who is the Site Owner?

A: Adam

Q: What is the 405th?

A: the 405th is like a halo version of the 501st whitch is people dressed in star wars armor going around and showing off and going to comicons.

Q: Where can i find a visor?

A: You can cut up a plastic folder and trace it onto there cut it out and insert it with a glue gun, or you can buy one and install it with a hot glue gun.

Q: How do you know if you folded right?

A: When your finished product looks like what it is suppose to.

Post your own questions and answers.

Silverzippo93

How do I convert the Elite model I extracted from Halo 2, via a map modding program, from .meta to something Pepakura can read?

Someone please post the answer...

Spartan118

Hey I have Auto desk 3D MAX. I also have downloaded the pdo files for pepakura.<mastercheifs armour>How do I convert the file so I can edit the 3D image in 3D max then send it over to pep for folding?It wont let me find/open any of the pdo stuff in 3d max or metasequoia.

WookieLord

Jr Member
i found it annoying that you can't extract the 3d files from .pdo too, cos the only H2 MC helmet i could find had the visor as a seperate object, meaning that if you pepakura it you have to judge where the visor will go by eye...

darkesword2020

I have a mac, but...I'm new to it so I'll work with it, but I have to be honest, I probably won't be able to figure this out for you Ostrich.
Try to see if there's a pepakura mac forum out there.

Google is your friend ;-)

DCM

OK, I have a question: what would be a better thing to reinforce my Pepakura templates with, cardboard or posterboard? And what would be the best store to buy resin? Do they sell it at Walmart?

ragtagsoldier

Jr Member
ight i got 1, im goin to resin my armor 2morrow and im goin to put around 3 to 4 layers of resin on it,, how tough will it be, can it stand up to a normal beating like walkin around the house and it buimpin into walls or wat,,,,, how much can it go through , its 110lbs cardstock?

Leadingspartan

ragtagsoldier said:
ight i got 1, im goin to resin my armor 2morrow and im goin to put around 3 to 4 layers of resin on it,, how tough will it be, can it stand up to a normal beating like walkin around the house and it buimpin into walls or wat,,,,, how much can it go through , its 110lbs cardstock?

Last edited by a moderator:

petitbreton

Hi,
I am wondering how pepakura handles non-planar faces. I want to build a model with metal sheets that can't be bent. Do I have to triangulate the whole model to be sure that all faces are flat ? Is there an other way ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Last edited by a moderator: