The Rank Of The Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
great another halo game were you play a petty-officer.... wait i can't be a captain and still kick some covies A@#ES!

They've said in interviews that the player character in ODST is supposed to be a rookie.

Then again, ODSTs work like real special forces units, where you apply or get pulled from regular units, so Iguess he could be a Lance Corporal and still be the rookie in the squad.

Lance Corporal is the third enlisted rank. It is above Private and Private First Class and below Corporal. It's equivalent in Navy rank is Seaman. The marine equivalent of the first Petty Officer rank (Petty Officer Third Class) is Corporal.

Either way, it beats the crap out of being some sort of super-highranking super-soldier that so many other games seem to use...

my apologies, i am in the army lol. the thing that bothers me is that you have to be an E4 promotable to be special forces.

its stands to reason that it is different in the halo universe, ODST's probably accept applicants from any rank.

Spartan137 said:
Either way, it beats the crap out of being some sort of super-highranking super-soldier that so many other games seem to use...
me and my freind were wondering why master chief hasnt gotten ranked up, he only saved the world three times in the game and who knows how many times in the books. but maybe ODSTs are assigned a lower rank if they come up from being a marine or something.

say your a high classed marine you get out into the ODST's and now you are low ranking but have a higher rank then marines..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back