The Riddle Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stig

Hey guys, I heard a riddle from a friend the other day and i got an idea to make a thread from it!

So Rules are here.
ONE Riddle at a time. Ill post mine as a first, until its answered. None should be posted!

Its a pretty easy one. But here goes.
-----------
A has been camping for the last week. He wakes up in his sleeping bag, and wraps up all of his Supplies, And he took a spray paint can, and drew a large circle with his initials in.
He took out his compass, and looked south, and walked strait from there. he stops after 10 miles, and has lunch.
He then takes out his compass, and finds south on it. then begins to walk that way again, after a walk, he's back at the Circle with his initials,

Where is he?
------------

Pretty easy one. but if you get it right, then feel free to post a new one. And make sure the person who posted the riddle in the first place (in this case me) has confirmed your answer is correct.

So, Go for it!

anywhere 5 miles above the south pole?

:edit: actually. I think some more and it would only have to be anywhere less than 10 miles from the south pole. I'm an Engineer in training, I like to think symmetrically

Yep, Told you it was easy.
Correct answer would be 5 miles away from the south pole.

After walking 10 miles, he has already walked past the south pole. and when he finishes his lunch, his compass is pointing backwards. Soi he turns around. and ends up at the original camp.

CMON, Share the Riddles people!

ahhhh i have a couple of really hard ones :)

The beginning of eternity
the end of time and space
the beginning of every end
the end of every place

What am i?

vadersfist said:
ahhhh i have a couple of really hard ones :)

The beginning of eternity
the end of time and space
the beginning of every end
the end of every place

What am i?
The Letter e

Heard it before unfortunately :D

Is a tricky one though
------
Feed me and I Live
Give me Drink and I Die

What Am I?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stig said:
Feed me and I Live
Give me Drink and I Die

The answer is fire.

My turn:

Three mathematicians are talking.

"How many kids do you have?" The first asks the second mathematician. "Three," she answers.

"How old are they?" he asks. "Well if you multiply their ages, you get 72. But if you add them, you get your office number." She says.

The first mathematician thinks for a few seconds and says, "I do not think there is enough information for me to solve this!" he says.

The mother mathematician immediately says, "Oh, of course, I forgot to tell you that the eldest plays the violin!"

3, 3 and 8.

it Could have been 6, 6 and 2 but then there wouldnt be an 'eldest' child.
heard one like that before

a babysitter is watching 10 kids. she wants to give them a snack. there are 10 cookies in a cookie jar. she Also wants to keep one of the cookies in the cookie jar. how does she feed all the children without breaking any of the cookies up?

Skyman said:
3, 3 and 8.

a babysitter is watching 10 kids. she wants to give them a snack. there are 10 cookies in a cookie jar. she Also wants to keep one of the cookies in the cookie jar. how does she feed all the children without breaking any of the cookies up?

get another cookie :p

Skyman said:
3, 3 and 8.

Either don't feed them cookies, or one person doesn't get a cookie.

I have walked the edge of the abyss.
I have governed the unwilling.
I have witnessed countless empires break before me.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
I was there with the angel at the tomb.

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more sadness. No more anger. No more envy.

Who am I?

Dreadnought of Fury said:

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

Who am I?

Either the Emperor from Warhammer 40k, or...

Time.

It craps in a box.

xD

No really.
What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters?

Not to impeed on your thread or anything.. but the first riddle would be totally wrong.

Wikipedia said:
The Magnetic North and South Poles are where a magnetic compass points. These poles move from year to year. People can tell they are near these poles by looking at a compass. From the South pole, everywhere is North (but a compass is not reliable very close to the poles)!

So if the compass was pointing south... it probably means he was at the North Pole... just a little FYI. ;) Continue on.. sorry.

Cheers,
Kensai

Dreadnought of Fury said:

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

Who am I?

NUNUNUNU WAIT, IT'S CORTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bless my memory* [/capslock]

"What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters?"
Queue

Keegan said:
It craps in a box.

xD
No really.
What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters?

Keegan, I believe the word would be queue.

EDIT: darn you blood. you posted it like 10 seconds before me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back