The Spartan's ENEMY! (I actually completed a project!) :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Anwalt

Sr Member
Member DIN
S530
Greetings my fellow infantrymen/noobs/honored elite members of the 405th. I want you all to know that I, the incredible Sean Anwalt, have actually completed a set of armor. What is it, you ask? Simply this: One of the enemies of a spartan!

A ROMAN LEGIONARY!!!

First, I worked my magic on some cardboard and made the suit of Lorica Segmentata out of the cardboard so I could check fittings and so forth:

SDC10017.jpg

SDC10016.jpg

Then, after that was finished, I bought the metal and some stuff for the Mk I Gladius:

SDC10025.jpg

SDC10019.jpg

SDC10020.jpg

Worked and worked with a friend:

SDC10021.jpg

Fitted the individual plates occasionally to make sure they wouldn't cut my head off. (or arms, etc...)

SDC10024.jpg

What do you guys think so far?

The finished product. I had to cut my own ties for the leather straps to fit through and rivet them in place, crimp all the edges where skin or clothing would come in contact with the metal, and installed the appropriate joints at the shoulder locations, then added a little padding inside the shoulders to adjust the fitting, laced up the back of the lorica, and put it on:

SDC10032.jpg

The finished armor. Have a tunic, also, but didn't put it on. Makes me look like a girl without my pila or gladius.

A Gladius that I accidentally left out of the picture, and a very quick version of a pila. working on a scutum shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back