The Ultimate Pepakura FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaptainImpactor said:
Yes, you should. You should always cut along the solid lines when using Pepakura. The only instance in which it shouldn't matter too much is when the dotted line is on top of the solid line, and in which case you can treat it as a fold. If you've got a small section (1-2mm), in the same predicament as your photo, then you should be able to avoid the cut if it's too tricky, and make up for it in the glassing &sanding, then bondo.

Thanks, one more, on the visor, just want to be sure.

cutallthis.png

Thanks alot, I would be lost without you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wha awesome topic , very well explained , i'm french as i've allready said and i've almost all understand correctly . Thanks a lot for this topic .

I hope I am asking on the right place, it's my second post.

I have purchased the Papekura version 3.07 and downloaded the Halo 3 — Mark VI HD Hel­met from the Pepakura download hub, opened the file edited the tab to show the numbers but I don't get the numbers on the tabs to show, I searched Google, here, I saw the post saying to click on show tab ids but still does not show.

I sure could use some advice here.

Thanks,

Muaitai

Hey guys...look, im kinda new...i've made a couple of models, just mk 6 halo helmets...not scaled or anything, just for decoration...anyway, i need help, and im not sure if this is the thread to ask for it in or not...i just got the game james cameron's avatar...its awesome...love it...and one of the human armour sets really caught my attention...the mishetica armour...i have a pic of the front and back, and i was wondering if someone may be able to help me get a 3d model and make it pep friendly? i'd be eternally greatful, and if im looking in the wrong place, i'd be just as greatful if someone could point me in the right direction as to where i should go for this help...

thanks

By the way, before anyone starts making any comments, the nickname "stalker" is a hunting name from a couple of buddies...

Muaitai said:
I hope I am asking on the right place, it's my second post.

I have purchased the Pepakura version 3.07 and downloaded the Halo 3 — Mark VI HD Hel­met from the Pepakura download hub, opened the file edited the tab to show the numbers but I don't get the numbers on the tabs to show, I searched Google, here, I saw the post saying to click on show tab ids but still does not show.

I sure could use some advice here.

Thanks,

Muaitai

Ok so you tried clicking on 2D Menu at the top of the screen and turning on Show Edge ID? If it's not showing the numbers when you go to print try changing your printing type from Bitmap to Vector or from Vector to Bitmap and see if that solves the solution you can do that by clicking setting, printer and paper settings and the bitmap and vector will be showing on the window that comes up. If this does not help I would suggest doing a different Mk-VI helmet.

Stalker said:
Hey guys...look, I'm kinda new...I've made a couple of models, just Mk 6 halo helmets...not scaled or anything, just for decoration...anyway, i need help, and im not sure if this is the thread to ask for it in or not...i just got the game James Cameron's avatar...its awesome...love it...and one of the human amour sets really caught my attention...the mishetica Armour...i have a pic of the front and back, and i was wondering if someone may be able to help me get a 3d model and make it pep friendly? I'd be eternally grateful, and if im looking in the wrong place, I'd be just as grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to where i should go for this help...

thanks

By the way, before anyone starts making any comments, the nickname "stalker" is a hunting name from a couple of buddies...

If the Avatar game is the PC version that you have one thought I can think of is using 3D Ripper DX it only works with games that are in Direct X 9.0 and I am not fully sure as to how it all works so be sure to read the instructions. But if you figure it all out you might be able to rip the model for Pepakura but just to warn you it will be very low poly ( not a lot of detail ), and will probably have a lot of open edges.

Sigma-LS said:

Hey sigma this is Blitz i was wondering about something that caught my eye and that was the dont use clear tape. why cant i use clear tape to put together the folded pepakura pieces? i mean you tape it and if you mess up then take the tape off and then do it again imean glue is a one time thing one shot so why not clear tape?

If you were wondering why you should not use tape is because it may come off when you resin your parts, most of us on the 405th use either Multi-purpose cement glue, superglue or hot glue to put our parts together with. If tape is used either it comes off easily when you resin or it makes the part you are building look really bad.

hey im a massive n00b but how well does PVA glue work for sticking the cardstock together

will the resin/fiberglass process eat through it ???? thanks :)

Thanks for the post Sigma (should have read it sooner... uh-oh... lol). Been working on my armor for almost a month now, and been using pretty much everything you said NOT to use, (standerd paper, clear tape, glue sticks) but I have to say that it all has been working fairly well for me none-the-less... not going to be using resin/'glass for mine, too many animals and no space to use em'. Was planing on using paper mache, but if anyone has any other low cost alternitives to reinforcment, I'm all ears...

Thanks again!

some one please help, i was lead to this sticky when asking, "how do i fit my head through the flying squirrel's chest piece". so far i havent found any posts discussing that. thanks!

k11yle said:
some one please help, i was lead to this sticky when asking, "how do i fit my head through the flying squirrel's chest piece". so far i havent found any posts discussing that. thanks!

well you don't actually do that until after you resin it at least. And you split the chest piece into a front and back and strap them together at the sides and shoulder with some cloth strapping. If you NEED it to fit right now, cut some of the paper away until you can fit your head in. But to keep it looking like master chief exactly, you will need to wait.

I've been looking at some of these Pep files, and I've noticed that some releases do not have any visable flaps. I assume this is for layout asthetics, but are you supposed to just join the pieces together anyway you can, or is there a commonly used method (for the flapless pep pieces)?

hello im new and i dont mean to be stupid

but after i did many hours of studying and

reading with montage music in the background

i downloaded pepakura designer 3 and fixed

everything up quite nicely but then I went to

print and its not printing so im hurt really

badly!!111!!ELEVEN! any help would be super

help and i would remember you as that cool

guy with big muscles so yeah help appreciated

thank you!

hellfire said:
I've been looking at some of these Pep files, and I've noticed that some releases do not have any visable flaps. I assume this is for layout asthetics, but are you supposed to just join the pieces together anyway you can, or is there a commonly used method (for the flapless pep pieces)?

There most likely is a flap there but it may be covered by another piece of the object. Don't really worry about this as when you do print it out and go to fold it you most likely will realize that that flap did not need to be there or just needed to be very small.

Marc Hall said:
hello im new and i dont mean to be stupid

but after i did many hours of studying and

reading with montage music in the background

i downloaded pepakura designer 3 and fixed

everything up quite nicely but then I went to

print and its not printing so im hurt really

badly!!111!!ELEVEN! any help would be super

help and i would remember you as that cool

guy with big muscles so yeah help appreciated

thank you!

We need a lot more information than that. Can you print in other programs? Do you have your printer selected in pepakura? Do the page types(letter/A4) match in your printer options AND the pepakura options? Do you get an error message? If all of that is right, Does the printer receive the document?

Jay123way said:
There most likely is a flap there but it may be covered by another piece of the object. Don't really worry about this as when you do print it out and go to fold it you most likely will realize that that flap did not need to be there or just needed to be very small.

We need a lot more information than that. Can you print in other programs? Do you have your printer selected in pepakura? Do the page types(letter/A4) match in your printer options AND the pepakura options? Do you get an error message? If all of that is right, Does the printer receive the document?

i answer these accordingly:

Yes i tried pepakura viewer 3 and it works fine but thats not what i want

yes i have it all selected

yes yes

i do not get an error message

i am not sure if it receives the document

Well when you print, you can go into the control panel and then printers. From there if you select your printer you can see what's printing if you double click. If there aren't any documents in the que then the printer isn't even receiving the document. If there is one but it is not printing, that is either a printer problem or a computer problem, easiest way is to turn off the printer, disconnect it, turn off the computer, reconnect the printer, turn on the computer, and turn back on the printer. If that doesn't fix it I would try some tech forums on printer problems with files not getting through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back