The Ultimate Pepakura FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread! I'm getting ready to make a MK VI for my eleven year old and a Power Rangers for my 6 year old and this thread will be a constant resource throughout both projects. Thanks!

Ok, so, I got some Tacky Glue, but I'm not sure if it's gonna hold up for the resin and fiberglassing, but it says that its 'versatile and durable'

Well just a few questions about reinforcement. How exactly would you reinforce a helmet made of 65lb cardstock. And is reinforcement nessacary if you resin in small amounts? And I looked at the Paper to Gsm conversion and it said 150-200gsm is good enough and my 65lb has a 176gsm so I'm confused now. Should I go by gsm or weight......

It shows the edge IDs on the screen but when they print they are missing. What can I do to ensure they show up on the paper? please help.Thank you all for previous help. ecomunky

Put the transparency to 0%. If you don't know how to do it...

File ---> Print and Paper Settings... ---> Under transparency, slide the button to 0%

If the lines don't show up well, put the printers' colour setting to Black (I don't know if your printer can do that so...)

This is likely here, though I can't seem to find it. I have Pepakura Viewer 3 and cannot find any utility for adjusting the scale of my files. Is that something that I would have to upgrade to the liscensed version of Pepakura for?

This is likely here, though I can't seem to find it. I have Pepakura Viewer 3 and cannot find any utility for adjusting the scale of my files. Is that something that I would have to upgrade to the liscensed version of Pepakura for?

In order to scale you need to use the Pepakura Designer program, while it does cost $38 for a license you can still rescale a file and everything else just when you are done be ready to print do so because you can't save without a license.

Excellent thread. Answered pretty much all of my questions. How am supposed to up my thread count when all of my questions are already answered? :)

That'll definitely help a LOT of people, too bad this wasn't around when I started xD
Well, at least I know where ot get the visor from now, thanks :3

Epiphany

Like my header there says - I haz it. Just now.

The cheek details on Sharkhead & Dubean's awesome HD Iron Man helmet were driving me absolutely INSANE. And then, after letting it sit for well over a month and coming back to take another stab at those pieces with reprinted pages, it was like a lightning bolt - TRUST THAT THE FOLD LINES ARE PRINTED CORRECTLY. Yeah, it sounds stupid - hell, it *IS* stupid. At least, it's stupid to think that there's no way the folds can work out properly the way they're printed, because dozens of people have already built the thing, and I haven't seen ANYONE saying, "Well, you need to reverse the folds on these parts for it to come out right." - just trust that the lines are right, and make your cuts and folds PRECISELY. For the cheek details, it actually doesn't hurt to trim the flaps down from the size that they're printed, but make sure that you're trimming the flaps, and not the part. A few hours of off-and-on work on the reprinted pages, and I'm nearly through with one of two beautiful cheek detail parts needed to allow me to start actual assembly of the helmet from the pile of subassemblies I currently have.

Learn from my fail.

Thanks for the info. I had to set my colour to black and now im trying to find a tutorial on folding the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back