The Ultimate Pepakura FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say that this thread has helped me out more than any of the other stickies i've read. It answered my most important/MOST BASIC question... What paper do I use? I felt like kicking myself for having this question in my head... thanks for answering it b4 I asked!
Second, I was wondering... how do I print the -what do I call it? images?- from the pepakura viewer so I can start my... pepakuraing?
It just dawned on me that this may be answered in the "Scaling" section, but I've already done all this typing and my eyes hurt from all the reading.
I really appreciate all the help and time Yall are giving me.

help plz

let me first apologize because this may be in the wrong spot but i tried to find the best thread to post in. i want to do the hayabusa houlders but can only find the pep files for the fins, i understand those are the shoulder peices but i saw multiple references to some robos models shoulders or something but i have absolutley no idea where to locate them. a link or anything would be greatly appreciated cuz if not i havent figured out how im gonna attach em yet. thank you for your time

7. I have a Mac/antique computer/incompatible OS, PLEASE HELP!

Pepakura is exclusively a Windows based program and should work on most PCs. In the case that you have something else, try using Windows emulation software.

Mac users who only want the helm are in luck as there are JPEGs of it available in 25 scale here: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2867

That link only takes me to the home page, not to the actual jpegs.

and forgive me if I'm not the first to post this fact. I'm a bit short on time posting this and I don't have much time going through all the reply pages

Hey guys
I love making halo armor. I am workin on a h3 EOD helm. My friend and I are calling it the helmet "that shouldn't have been" because instead of going by the book I used 20lb copy Paper, elmers school gluestick, a razor blade, and spray Polyurithane so far. It is turning out well and can't wait to see the finish product.

P.S. I haven't spent a dollar on this. I have just found all of my supplies

I have recently started work on a Mjolnir Mark V suit of armour, mostly working on the helmet right now. When the armour is done, I'm going to work on a weapon.

In anyone's opinion, what is the easiest way to make a prop gun? Also, what is the cheapest way? Any feedback is helpful.

This is incredibly helpful. This is my first post and I'm pre-gaming for my first armor build. It may be a little ambitious but I think I'm prepared. Thank you for this informal read. :D

hey everyone. I am in the process of making my first set, and I have high hopes. Two questions, How durable will this thing be once fiber glassed and all. Can it take bumps and scrapes or is it something I will have to baby

Ok i read alot of stickies and different tuts on how to pep but for some reason my edge id won`t show up when i print off. And yes i do have the edge id on. please tell me what i can do thanks :p

Hello. I did read the front post, but still need some help in this sea of forum posts. Im making cardboard armour and cant easily get my hands on stuff. I have one piece of armour made so far, and i have covered it in masking tape, which looks all wrinkly, how can i smooth it and get a good finish on it? xx Thanks!

Hello. I have now finished all of my pepakura hot glueing and am now on the fiberglass stage. I have glassed 4 pieces so far, but now am hesitant to work on the chest and the cod piece. I've read in the thread that you must cut the cod and chest piece so your neck can go through, but i am uncertain where to make the cut. Is there a picture somewhere of where to cut the neck and legs to make them fit? or if anyone has finished their suit and has any idea of how to do this please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

What's up guys?! This is my first post after introducing myself... I just wanted to say after reading all of this ^^^ that it is UNBELIEVABLY helpful. I will (hopefully) be starting a project soon. Well... as soon as i figure out what i want to build. I just wanted to say thanks for all the good info. I hope my project will turn out like most of the forum member's, but only time will tell right? anyway, Keep up the great work!

what's the difference between fiberglass-resin and just fiberglass separated from resin?

Fiberglass is the 'fabric' material used. You can get it as fiberglass cloth, which is easier to work with but more expensive or you can get it as fiberglass mat which breaks ups easily and some think it is harder to work with. I believe you get stronger results with the mat, though both are strong.

Fiberglass resin, is just the resin. The liquid you use to harden the fiberglass cloth or mat. Also this is the stuff you harden a pep with. Coat the paper with resin and it makes it stiff. Just remember to build up in layers and start thin so it doesnt warp your project.

instead of using 110lb cardstock paper is it still viable to use glossy photopaper?

It depends on the thickness of the photo paper. I have made several costume pieces by cutting out poaster board then glassing that and it worked great with minimal warping... but that was just for a few knee plates. Plus typically glossy photo paper is way more expensive than 110lb cardstock.

So I have everything set up, scaled, colored and what not in pepakura but when I go and print on the cardstock only the numbers show up and not the lines for anything. Help?

Also the edge ID and flaps are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back