The Waffle's First Build: Jorge-052(Pic Heavy/Large Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in price wise? We were getting it for about $5.50 a tub from a car shop near us. ;D
I may have to look into that for future reference ans smaller detailing. I have two tubs of Bondo I'm gonna have to use up sooner or later, and I'm not looking forward to using them. But the chestpiece isn't gonna smooth itself...

Also, as a global announcement, classes this week have stalled my building, so that's why there's an obviouss lack of updates. It's been a nightmare week, and I'm just now caught up with everything. I'll try to get some stuff to keep you occupied posted by tomorrow afternoon as long as my one class tomorrow doesn't turn into a problem.

Been a while since I've done an update proper. Well, here's what I have for you so far.

DSCN0322.jpg

The helmet, nearing completion.

DSCN0324.jpg

The finished pep.

I have a couple pics of the chest collar, after its first round of Bondo and sanding (just finished about 30 minutes prior to this update. It's still got quite a ways to go....I know that for sure. There are a few imperfections that I can't sand off right now, as the fiberglass didn't set up well behind them. It's still looking rough, but at least I'm getting there, right?

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

To complement the previous, I'll actually be applying some spot filler first to make a better transition. By the end of this week I should have a nice working model. I'm putting aside some pep work to push this part forward to see if it'll turn out ok or if I need to re-work my methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back