Theinfamous13's Weta Odst Armor Wip (Rich In Pictures!)

How is it?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

• Bad

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theinfamous13

This is my first suit of armor. Replies, constructive criticism, and suggestions are appreciated.

My Workstation:

DSC02385.JPG

1st Helmet:

DSC02386.JPG

Right Thigh:

DSC02387.JPG

Both Thighs:

DSC02388.JPG

Butt Packs:

DSC02389.JPG

Middle Chest Plate and Belt Plate:

DSC02390.JPG

Torso Front:

DSC02391.JPG

Torso Back:

DSC02392.JPG

Biceps:

DSC02393.JPG

Chest Packs, Hip Plates, Back Pads:

DSC02394.JPG

Box (I built a box to put the pieces that are in progress.):

DSC02395.JPG

SCHEDULE:

Since school is starting soon, I decided to make a schedule to make sure I finish in time.

Sep. 1 - Resin

Sep. 2 - Fiberglass

Sep. 3 - Bondo and Order Straps and a Vest

Sep. 4 - Pep

Sep. 5 - Pep

Sep. 6 - Pep

Sep. 7 - Pep

Sep. 8 - Resin, Glass, and Bondo the shins

Sep. 9 - Paint

?-Sep. 22 - Finish

Thanks! I'm gonna take a nap. I didn't get any sleep last night because I was shooting a zombie movie, but when I wake up, I'm gonna resin the unresined pieces.

Time to update!

I was going to resin the pepped pieces, but after glassing the resined pieces and resining my new firebomb grenade, there wasn't any resin left. I didn't have time to get more, but I did find a can of Bondo in my basement. I primed the hip plates, but it got dark before I had a chance to finish them. I pepped a couple more pieces and I also finished the firebomb grenade. A few LEDs should make it glow. :)

Finished Firebomb Grenade

DSC02402.JPG

Right Forearm and Knees

DSC02403.JPG

Bondoed Chest Pieces

DSC02405.JPG

Primed Hip Plates and Bondoed Right Shoulder Plate

DSC02406.JPG

wow that's really good! A lot of progress! I love this!!!1

When your done with Weta, you should try Halo 3 ODST armor like Rookie

I painted the chest pieces, hip plates, and one shoulder pad.

Hip Plates

DSC02407.JPG

Chest Plates

DSC02408.JPG

Another View of the Chest Plates

DSC02416.JPG

The Shoulder Pad

DSC02414.JPG

I'm back! The armor making got a bit stressful, so I used the resin shortage as an excuse to take a one week break. I got some more resin, but I don't have much left. I found out, after hours of unprotected resining, the smell of a perfect batch of resin: roughly, chlorine with a hint of spraypaint.

I pepped a couple of pieces and glassed a bunch of pieces. Pics below.

Inside of Helmet:

DSC02418.JPG

Outside of Helmet:

DSC02419.JPG

Butt Packs:

DSC02420.JPG

Halo 3 Chest Plate (I'm going to make it interchangeable with the weta one.) and Belt Plate:

DSC02422.JPG

Inside Halo 3 Chest Plate and Belt Plate:

DSC02423.JPG

Inside and Outside Thigh Plates:

DSC02424.JPG

Left and Right Forearms:

DSC02426.JPG

Fiberglass Mat - I prefer this; It's much easier to use than cloth.

DSC02427.JPG

Fiberglass Cloth - I hate using this stuff. It's hard to cut and just the fact that you have to cut it pisses me off.

DSC02428.JPG

I did some bondoing, sanding, and priming today. Pics below.

My bondoing and resining station:

DSC02433.JPG

Bondoing 1:

DSC02434.JPG

Bondoing 2:

DSC02435.JPG

My Orbital Sander:

DSC02436.JPG

Thighs and Shoulder 1:

DSC02437.JPG

Thighs and Shoulder 2:

DSC02438.JPG

Priming:

DSC02440.JPG

Sanded Halo 3 Chest Plate:

DSC02442.JPG

Primed Halo 3 Chest Plate:

DSC02446.JPG

Halo 3 Chest Plate on my chest:

DSC02448.JPG

Tell me how I'm doing! Reply!

To save time and not risk any mistakes to the helmet, I've decided to redo the helmet and start the rookie helmet by rundown. I should be finished with all the pepping by tuesday. After that, it should be a piece of cake.

I since school is starting soon, I decided to make a schedule to make sure I finish in time.

Sep. 1 - Resin

Sep. 2 - Fiberglass

Sep. 3 - Bondo and Order Straps and a Vest

Sep. 4 - Pep

Sep. 5 - Pep

Sep. 6 - Pep

Sep. 7 - Pep

Sep. 8 - Resin, Glass, and Bondo the shins

Sep. 9 - Paint

?-Sep. 22 - Finish

Looks like both you and me are in a time crunch.

I already have an ODST costume, but I wanted to use the new higher detailed models

Thankfully, my undersuit was salvageable so I just need new armor plates and helmet.

Looks like you are going pretty good with trying to have this done in time for the release. I have a lot of the major things pepped and out of the way, but I still need to resin and do all that other crap. Just keep at it and you just might be able to have this done in time for the release! :D

And the bad thing for me now is, it's getting cold and it's been rainy. The weather has not been suitable to do any type of resining and I DO NOT have a garage or anywhere I can do this that is out of the weather. :(

HaloGoddess said:
Looks like you are going pretty good with trying to have this done in time for the release. I have a lot of the major things pepped and out of the way, but I still need to resin and do all that other crap. Just keep at it and you just might be able to have this done in time for the release! :D

And the bad thing for me now is, it's getting cold and it's been rainy. The weather has not been suitable to do any type of resining and I DO NOT have a garage or anywhere I can do this that is out of the weather. :(

It's been rainy alot here too. Usually, the rain isn't too bad and I can still resin and bondo, but sometimes it gets hard and gets everything wet.

I was just working on my helmet and I superglued my right index finger and middle finger to the back of my left hand.

Note to self: If a bit of superglue drips on the back of your hand, don't wipe it off with your finger. Instantly is instantly...

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to take my time with the pepping because of that empty space between the time that I order the vest and buckles and the time the order arrives. The schedule will be updated soon and video will be up later.

(I had to add pictures in attachment form because my usual method is down right now.)

My new helmet and my old one.

[attachment=11764:DSC02468.JPG]

Video!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oci7IB0XtGM[/media]

looks great man keep up the good work i have got to do some odst armor when i get my master chief armor done

I was thinking about what to do with my old helmet. How does a gold leaf stripe going down the middle sound?

Btw, thanks for the positive comments!

The Infamous 13 said:
I was thinking about what to do with my old helmet. How does a gold leaf stripe going down the middle sound?

Btw, thanks for the positive comments!

hmmm I'm not totally sure how it will look (70% Badass maybe?) But i gotta give you props for atleast thinking outside of the "box" and not just making plain old GunMetalGray ODST

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back